Angel of Death or Angel of Mercy? - Angel Stories
Many years ago I met a gypsy woman 'by chance' in the street who told me that she could see not one but several guardian angels around me. She said that this was necessary for some people because some people are more at risk than others. She was not the first person to tell me this.
Although I am highly skeptical of psychics, fortune tellers, and all forms of 'mancy', I instinctively believed that woman. Sometimes I have a strong sense of a protective force around me, and when I think about some of the scrapes I have got myself into, my survival cannot be explained by logic or chance, but only through divine intervention and God's protection.
I will not recount all my life and death experiences - they are too many - but I will share one extraordinary experience with you.
When I was younger I suffered with a deep depression. One lonely Christmas Eve, in the depths of despair, I went into my bedroom and stood before my crucifix on the wall. Looking at the crucifix, I prayed humbly to Our Lord, asking Him to spare me the suffering of this world. I begged Him to come and take me out of my body.
Within seconds, I felt an intense heat rise within me, as if I was burning up from within. At the same time, I heard an extremely loud sound - deafeningly loud - of something like rushing water or a strong wind, not in my head - but in the room. I could feel my Self slowly rising up. Not my physical body - my eyes were open and my feet were firmly on the carpet - but my Self.
I felt great fear. Terror, even. Silently, in my mind's 'ear', I thought: "NO! I don't want this." The sensation of heat and rising instantly began to dissipate. But the sound did not. It was like a rushing waterfall inside my bedroom. My eyes were open and I could see nothing unusual, but I could hear this deafening sound.
The sound of rushing wings?
I felt disoriented and dizzy. As if I'd just come off a fairground ride. I put my hands out and stumbled towards my bed, where I sat, taking deep breaths and taking in the everyday, familiar surroundings of my bedroom. Very slowly - not immediately - the whooshing sound faded away and disappeared.
And today I am alive to tell this tale, 10 years later.
Now what do you make of that? Did I imagine it all? Was it the angel of death coming to collect me? Or was it my guardian angel(s) fighting off the Grim Reaper, because God knew it wasn't yet my time?
I'll let you decide.
Some may never see with earthly eyes these heavenly beings or know that they exist. Many are unaware of the numerous ways they have protected and guided us. We would like to share with you the stories of people who take pleasure in expressing how real angels are.
Showing 1 - 50 of 328
- miracle, by BarbE
- Personal Encounter with St. Michael The Archangel, by Melanie King
- Angel in the rearview mirror, by Virginia Smith
- Guardian Angel, by Marilyn K.
- Angel found a problem., by Chris
- St. Michael Caretaker, by Pat
- My sister, my guardian angel, by Nancy
- Homeless Angel, by Barbara Romanowski
- Angel at the train station., by Colette
- Then Two Appeared, by Russell Gooding
- Unexplain incident, by Roda
- A New Light During Death, by Julia
- A beautiful night, by Riena
- Angels of the Mall, by Emmanuel Tio
- Sleek sneakers produce a bold statement , by scahywnmt
- The sign, by Wren
- Horse riding, by Harriet
- my dead baby is an angel, by Marina Montoya
- My Most Precious Jules, by Doreen Rodriguez
- My angel butterfly, by Mandy
- Angel in my dream, by Sha-Toya
- St. Michael and the Church Lights!, by KevinGH
- you are actually a good webmaster., by ebsfoegci
- Seven FIELDS, Pa. Pittsburgh Steelers running backs mentor Kirby Wilson was, by atdbtuhve
- Nice read, I just passed this onto a friend who was doing some research on , by dzyumdfsz
- The Protection of Love, by Mark
- Spared Again, by Paula Garon
- At 6:46am on April 14, 2011, R. Joyner said..., by mkbkeerin
- To The Rescue, by Marjorie Navara
- Might of been an angel., by Gladys
- The Visitor, by Lilliana Olazaran
- Rapture Drill, by Amy S.
- Unknown Messanger, by Rose
- An Angel With Disintegrating Body, by Emmanuel Tio
- Angel of Death or Angel of Mercy?, by V
- Penny from my Gaurdian Angel, by Daisy Doll
- How I started Rosary prayer, by zemelak
- Mary and Jesus, by Elie Khoury
- Three saved by an a Angel, by Irma Vela
- angel of life, by Zoey
- Smiling Jesus, by Luke C
- the angel in the store, by david.c
- Angels watching over us, by Gloria Los Banos
- My Phone Call, by Barbara
- Touched by heaven and earth angel, by John
- St. Anthony, by David Day
- My Guardian Angel saved me from great harm, by Joan
- An Angel without wings, by Mary William
- Angel in Red, by Michael Drew
- An angels love, by Grace
Saint Feast Days by Month
Clare was born at Montefalco, Italy, around 1268. As a young woman she joined a convent of Franciscan tertiaries. This group established Holy Cross Convent at Montefalco in 1290, adopting the Rule of ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
Saint Monica, also known as Monica of Hippo, is St. Augustine of Hippo's mother. She was born in 331 A.D. in Tagaste, which is present-day Algeria. When she was very young, she was married off to the Roman pagan Patricius, who shared his mother's violent temper. ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
Isidore was literally born into a family of saints in sixth century Spain. Two of his brothers, Leander and Fulgentius, and one of his sisters, Florentina, are revered as saints in Spain. It was also a family of leaders and strong minds with Leander and Fulgentius ... continue reading
St. Isidore was born at Madrid, Spain, in the latter half of the 12th century. For the greater part of his life he was employed as a laborer on a farm outside the city. Many marvelous happenings accompanied his lifelong work in the fields and continued long after his ... continue reading
By Deacon Frederick Bartels
Why is the Assumption important? First, lets look at what this dogma is all about. On 1 November, 1950, Pope Pius XII issued the Apostolic Constitution Munificentissimus Deus in which he proclaimed the dogma of the Assumption: "Mary, the immaculate perpetually Virgin ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- St. Helena: Saint of the Day for Friday, August 18, 2017
- Sen. Bob Corker joins ranks of seditious who want to overthrow a ...
- Ten year old girl gives birth following rape in India
- Feeling down? Here's how to change YOUR LIFE and THE WORLD from Navy ...
- Daily Readings for Friday, August 18, 2017
- Article V could be invoked. Here's what you need to know about it HD ...
- Charlie Gard's mother opens up about the beautiful life of terminally ...
- Daily Reading for Saturday, August 19th, 2017 HD
- Pro-life wins in Texas with new law to protect religious freedom and the unborn HD
- Should history be rewritten to appease the angry? HD
- Daily Reading for Friday, August 18th, 2017 HD