Angel of Death or Angel of Mercy? - Angel Stories
Many years ago I met a gypsy woman 'by chance' in the street who told me that she could see not one but several guardian angels around me. She said that this was necessary for some people because some people are more at risk than others. She was not the first person to tell me this.
Although I am highly skeptical of psychics, fortune tellers, and all forms of 'mancy', I instinctively believed that woman. Sometimes I have a strong sense of a protective force around me, and when I think about some of the scrapes I have got myself into, my survival cannot be explained by logic or chance, but only through divine intervention and God's protection.
I will not recount all my life and death experiences - they are too many - but I will share one extraordinary experience with you.
When I was younger I suffered with a deep depression. One lonely Christmas Eve, in the depths of despair, I went into my bedroom and stood before my crucifix on the wall. Looking at the crucifix, I prayed humbly to Our Lord, asking Him to spare me the suffering of this world. I begged Him to come and take me out of my body.
Within seconds, I felt an intense heat rise within me, as if I was burning up from within. At the same time, I heard an extremely loud sound - deafeningly loud - of something like rushing water or a strong wind, not in my head - but in the room. I could feel my Self slowly rising up. Not my physical body - my eyes were open and my feet were firmly on the carpet - but my Self.
I felt great fear. Terror, even. Silently, in my mind's 'ear', I thought: "NO! I don't want this." The sensation of heat and rising instantly began to dissipate. But the sound did not. It was like a rushing waterfall inside my bedroom. My eyes were open and I could see nothing unusual, but I could hear this deafening sound.
The sound of rushing wings?
I felt disoriented and dizzy. As if I'd just come off a fairground ride. I put my hands out and stumbled towards my bed, where I sat, taking deep breaths and taking in the everyday, familiar surroundings of my bedroom. Very slowly - not immediately - the whooshing sound faded away and disappeared.
And today I am alive to tell this tale, 10 years later.
Now what do you make of that? Did I imagine it all? Was it the angel of death coming to collect me? Or was it my guardian angel(s) fighting off the Grim Reaper, because God knew it wasn't yet my time?
I'll let you decide.
Some may never see with earthly eyes these heavenly beings or know that they exist. Many are unaware of the numerous ways they have protected and guided us. We would like to share with you the stories of people who take pleasure in expressing how real angels are.
Showing 1 - 50 of 328
- miracle, by BarbE
- Personal Encounter with St. Michael The Archangel, by Melanie King
- Angel in the rearview mirror, by Virginia Smith
- Guardian Angel, by Marilyn K.
- Angel found a problem., by Chris
- St. Michael Caretaker, by Pat
- My sister, my guardian angel, by Nancy
- Homeless Angel, by Barbara Romanowski
- Angel at the train station., by Colette
- Then Two Appeared, by Russell Gooding
- Unexplain incident, by Roda
- A New Light During Death, by Julia
- A beautiful night, by Riena
- Angels of the Mall, by Emmanuel Tio
- Sleek sneakers produce a bold statement , by scahywnmt
- The sign, by Wren
- Horse riding, by Harriet
- my dead baby is an angel, by Marina Montoya
- My Most Precious Jules, by Doreen Rodriguez
- My angel butterfly, by Mandy
- Angel in my dream, by Sha-Toya
- St. Michael and the Church Lights!, by KevinGH
- you are actually a good webmaster., by ebsfoegci
- Seven FIELDS, Pa. Pittsburgh Steelers running backs mentor Kirby Wilson was, by atdbtuhve
- Nice read, I just passed this onto a friend who was doing some research on , by dzyumdfsz
- The Protection of Love, by Mark
- Spared Again, by Paula Garon
- At 6:46am on April 14, 2011, R. Joyner said..., by mkbkeerin
- To The Rescue, by Marjorie Navara
- Might of been an angel., by Gladys
- The Visitor, by Lilliana Olazaran
- Rapture Drill, by Amy S.
- Unknown Messanger, by Rose
- An Angel With Disintegrating Body, by Emmanuel Tio
- Angel of Death or Angel of Mercy?, by V
- Penny from my Gaurdian Angel, by Daisy Doll
- How I started Rosary prayer, by zemelak
- Mary and Jesus, by Elie Khoury
- Three saved by an a Angel, by Irma Vela
- angel of life, by Zoey
- Smiling Jesus, by Luke C
- the angel in the store, by david.c
- Angels watching over us, by Gloria Los Banos
- My Phone Call, by Barbara
- Touched by heaven and earth angel, by John
- St. Anthony, by David Day
- My Guardian Angel saved me from great harm, by Joan
- An Angel without wings, by Mary William
- Angel in Red, by Michael Drew
- An angels love, by Grace
Saint Feast Days by Month
Margaret of Cortona, penitent, was born in Loviana in Tuscany in 1247. Her father was a small farmer. Margaret's mother died when she was seven years old. Her stepmother had little care for her ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
Saint Emma, also known as Emma of Lesum, or Emma of Stiepel, lived in the city that is Bremen today. She is the first female inhabitant of the city to be known by name. Emma lived in the early 11th century, and was born into the Immedinger family. The Immedingers were ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
Saint John of the Cross was born Juan de Yepes y Alvarez, in Fontiveros, Avila, Spain in 1542. His father was employed by wealthy family members as an accountant, but they disowned him when he married a poor woman from the lower class. As a result of his family's ... continue reading
Saint John the Divine as the son of Zebedee, and his mother's name was Salome [Matthew 4:21, 27:56; Mark 15:40, 16:1]. They lived on the shores of the sea of Galilee. The brother of Saint John, probably considerably older, was Saint James. The mention of the "hired ... continue reading
By Mary Rezac (CNA NEWS)
Billy the Kid, a notorious bank and stage-coach robber of the Wild West, met his match in the most unlikely of people when he met Sister Blandina Segale. Santa Fe, N.M. (CNA/EWTN News) - According to legend, and to Sr. Blandina's journal and letters, one of Billy the ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- St. Polycarp: Saint of the Day for Friday, February 23, 2018
- Lenten fish recipes: Economical and delicious!
- Daily Readings for Friday, February 23, 2018
- The Tragic Reason Mass Shootings Happen, and it's NOT the guns HD Video
- 10 emotional prayers for healing and hope in a world of tragedy
- Daily Reading for Saturday, February 24th, 2018 HD Video
- 'Living Lent': Friday of the First Week of Lent - Day 10
- Spiritual Warfare and the Help of Angels HD
- St. Lawrence, Deacon and Martyr HD
- Daily Reading for Friday, February 23rd, 2018 HD
- AmericaĂ˘Â€Â™s pastor, Billy Graham passes away, age 99 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education