My Phone Call - Angel Stories
My mother died in 1971, one month before I turned 19..we were all very upset that she died at such an early age (50). She had just completed college in 1969 and was in the process of fulfilling her dream of being a registered nurse.
As a nurse, it was required that all nurses and doctors have a routine chest xray every year. She had been working about a year when her xray was due to be done. She had the xray and it was discovered that she had numerous tumors on her lungs.
The next week she was scheduled for surgery...it was expected to be a 4 hour surgery...we knew something was wrong when the doctor came out after only 1 hour. He said that he had some bad news for us..it was an open and shut surgery..there were too many tumors to operate....they treated her with experimental chemo. 3 months after the lung cancer was discovered...they found that she had a brain tumor..this time they operated and removed it....as the months went by..she was not getting better...they did a CAT scan and found while the "hole" where they took the tumor out was trying to heal...her brain was "tearing" at another place..about this time it was discovered she had a tumor that was inoperable...to make a long story short...she passed away after a long year of fighting the disease.
My father consoled me the best he could..after all..he was just as upset as I was..he lived another 8 years and then he went to join my mom.
My husband and I were staying in my fathers house so it would not be empty for anyone to rob the place. A few days after we buried my dad...my hubby and I were in bed..sleeping and the phone woke me up. I had to get out of bed...walk down the hall, thru the kitchen into the dining room to answer the phone. I picked it up and at the other end I heard a woman's voice.."Barbara" ???..I said..yeah it's me..who is this...She said..it is mommy...I said yeah.?? what is up?..she said..." it is ok..go on with your life..your father is up here with me". I said.ok momma...I love you..she said..I love you Barbie...I hung up the phone and went back to bed..my husband asked me the next morning who was on the phone..I said ...Mom..she called to let me know Dad was with her...He said I was crazy....I let it go..I know Im not crazy..he just didnt believe in angels...He and I split up the next year..
I hope you dont mind me posting my story..Im not Catholic..but I was raised that people are people..no matter what religion...
God Bless You...
Some may never see with earthly eyes these heavenly beings or know that they exist. Many are unaware of the numerous ways they have protected and guided us. We would like to share with you the stories of people who take pleasure in expressing how real angels are.
Showing 1 - 50 of 328
- miracle, by BarbE
- Personal Encounter with St. Michael The Archangel, by Melanie King
- Angel in the rearview mirror, by Virginia Smith
- Guardian Angel, by Marilyn K.
- Angel found a problem., by Chris
- St. Michael Caretaker, by Pat
- My sister, my guardian angel, by Nancy
- Homeless Angel, by Barbara Romanowski
- Angel at the train station., by Colette
- Then Two Appeared, by Russell Gooding
- Unexplain incident, by Roda
- A New Light During Death, by Julia
- A beautiful night, by Riena
- Angels of the Mall, by Emmanuel Tio
- Sleek sneakers produce a bold statement , by scahywnmt
- The sign, by Wren
- Horse riding, by Harriet
- my dead baby is an angel, by Marina Montoya
- My Most Precious Jules, by Doreen Rodriguez
- My angel butterfly, by Mandy
- Angel in my dream, by Sha-Toya
- St. Michael and the Church Lights!, by KevinGH
- you are actually a good webmaster., by ebsfoegci
- Seven FIELDS, Pa. Pittsburgh Steelers running backs mentor Kirby Wilson was, by atdbtuhve
- Nice read, I just passed this onto a friend who was doing some research on , by dzyumdfsz
- The Protection of Love, by Mark
- Spared Again, by Paula Garon
- At 6:46am on April 14, 2011, R. Joyner said..., by mkbkeerin
- To The Rescue, by Marjorie Navara
- Might of been an angel., by Gladys
- The Visitor, by Lilliana Olazaran
- Rapture Drill, by Amy S.
- Unknown Messanger, by Rose
- An Angel With Disintegrating Body, by Emmanuel Tio
- Angel of Death or Angel of Mercy?, by V
- Penny from my Gaurdian Angel, by Daisy Doll
- How I started Rosary prayer, by zemelak
- Mary and Jesus, by Elie Khoury
- Three saved by an a Angel, by Irma Vela
- angel of life, by Zoey
- Smiling Jesus, by Luke C
- the angel in the store, by david.c
- Angels watching over us, by Gloria Los Banos
- My Phone Call, by Barbara
- Touched by heaven and earth angel, by John
- St. Anthony, by David Day
- My Guardian Angel saved me from great harm, by Joan
- An Angel without wings, by Mary William
- Angel in Red, by Michael Drew
- An angels love, by Grace
Saint Feast Days by Month
Carthusian monk and bishop, defender of papal authority. Anthelm was born in 1107 in a castle near Chambery, in Savoy, France. He was ordained a priest and visited the Carthusian Charterhouse at ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
Saints Joaquin (sometimes spelled "Joachim," pronounced "wal-keem") and Anne, are the parents of the Virgin Mary. There are no mentions of them in the Bible or Gospels, what we know comes from Catholic legend and the Gospel of James, which is an unsanctioned, ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
Saint Maria Faustina Kowalska of the Blessed Sacrament was born as Helena Kowalska, in Glogowiec, Leczyca County, north-west of Lódz in Poland on August 25, 1905. She was the third of 10 children to a poor and religious family. Faustina first felt a calling to the ... continue reading
Felix was the son of Hermias, a Syrian who had been a Roman soldier. He was born on his father's estate at Nola near Naples, Italy. On the death of his father, Felix distributed his inheritance to the poor, was ordained by Bishop St. Maximus of Nola, and became his ... continue reading
By Deacon Keith Fournier
Father, raise up women like Catherine of Siena for this new missionary age of your Church. Women who are so in love with you, and so conformed to the Image of your Son, they can do for your Church in this hour, what she did in her own. Saints are a gift for the ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Catholic hero gifted most prestigous award after saving woman's life ...
- Daily Readings for Monday, June 26, 2017
- Is the 'Gaucho Priest' the Devil's worst nightmare?
- Daily Reading for Monday, June 26th, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, June 27th, 2017 HD Video
- Slovakia Catholics gift Iceland with a beautiful new church
- St. Anthelm: Saint of the Day for Monday, June 26, 2017
- Daily Reading for Sunday, June 25th, 2017 HD
- Pope Francis prepares an incredible gift of love and solidarity for South Sudan HD
- St. Emma HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, June 24th, 2017 HD