My Phone Call - Angel Stories
My mother died in 1971, one month before I turned 19..we were all very upset that she died at such an early age (50). She had just completed college in 1969 and was in the process of fulfilling her dream of being a registered nurse.
As a nurse, it was required that all nurses and doctors have a routine chest xray every year. She had been working about a year when her xray was due to be done. She had the xray and it was discovered that she had numerous tumors on her lungs.
The next week she was scheduled for surgery...it was expected to be a 4 hour surgery...we knew something was wrong when the doctor came out after only 1 hour. He said that he had some bad news for us..it was an open and shut surgery..there were too many tumors to operate....they treated her with experimental chemo. 3 months after the lung cancer was discovered...they found that she had a brain tumor..this time they operated and removed it....as the months went by..she was not getting better...they did a CAT scan and found while the "hole" where they took the tumor out was trying to heal...her brain was "tearing" at another place..about this time it was discovered she had a tumor that was inoperable...to make a long story short...she passed away after a long year of fighting the disease.
My father consoled me the best he could..after all..he was just as upset as I was..he lived another 8 years and then he went to join my mom.
My husband and I were staying in my fathers house so it would not be empty for anyone to rob the place. A few days after we buried my dad...my hubby and I were in bed..sleeping and the phone woke me up. I had to get out of bed...walk down the hall, thru the kitchen into the dining room to answer the phone. I picked it up and at the other end I heard a woman's voice.."Barbara" ???..I said..yeah it's me..who is this...She said..it is mommy...I said yeah.?? what is up?..she said..." it is ok..go on with your life..your father is up here with me". I said.ok momma...I love you..she said..I love you Barbie...I hung up the phone and went back to bed..my husband asked me the next morning who was on the phone..I said ...Mom..she called to let me know Dad was with her...He said I was crazy....I let it go..I know Im not crazy..he just didnt believe in angels...He and I split up the next year..
I hope you dont mind me posting my story..Im not Catholic..but I was raised that people are people..no matter what religion...
God Bless You...
Some may never see with earthly eyes these heavenly beings or know that they exist. Many are unaware of the numerous ways they have protected and guided us. We would like to share with you the stories of people who take pleasure in expressing how real angels are.
Showing 1 - 50 of 328
- miracle, by BarbE
- Personal Encounter with St. Michael The Archangel, by Melanie King
- Angel in the rearview mirror, by Virginia Smith
- Guardian Angel, by Marilyn K.
- Angel found a problem., by Chris
- St. Michael Caretaker, by Pat
- My sister, my guardian angel, by Nancy
- Homeless Angel, by Barbara Romanowski
- Angel at the train station., by Colette
- Then Two Appeared, by Russell Gooding
- Unexplain incident, by Roda
- A New Light During Death, by Julia
- A beautiful night, by Riena
- Angels of the Mall, by Emmanuel Tio
- Sleek sneakers produce a bold statement , by scahywnmt
- The sign, by Wren
- Horse riding, by Harriet
- my dead baby is an angel, by Marina Montoya
- My Most Precious Jules, by Doreen Rodriguez
- My angel butterfly, by Mandy
- Angel in my dream, by Sha-Toya
- St. Michael and the Church Lights!, by KevinGH
- you are actually a good webmaster., by ebsfoegci
- Seven FIELDS, Pa. Pittsburgh Steelers running backs mentor Kirby Wilson was, by atdbtuhve
- Nice read, I just passed this onto a friend who was doing some research on , by dzyumdfsz
- The Protection of Love, by Mark
- Spared Again, by Paula Garon
- At 6:46am on April 14, 2011, R. Joyner said..., by mkbkeerin
- To The Rescue, by Marjorie Navara
- Might of been an angel., by Gladys
- The Visitor, by Lilliana Olazaran
- Rapture Drill, by Amy S.
- Unknown Messanger, by Rose
- An Angel With Disintegrating Body, by Emmanuel Tio
- Angel of Death or Angel of Mercy?, by V
- Penny from my Gaurdian Angel, by Daisy Doll
- How I started Rosary prayer, by zemelak
- Mary and Jesus, by Elie Khoury
- Three saved by an a Angel, by Irma Vela
- angel of life, by Zoey
- Smiling Jesus, by Luke C
- the angel in the store, by david.c
- Angels watching over us, by Gloria Los Banos
- My Phone Call, by Barbara
- Touched by heaven and earth angel, by John
- St. Anthony, by David Day
- My Guardian Angel saved me from great harm, by Joan
- An Angel without wings, by Mary William
- Angel in Red, by Michael Drew
- An angels love, by Grace
Saint Feast Days by Month
Servite cardinal and preacher. Born in Florence, Italy, to a noble family, he was educated in Paris and Padua where he earned a doctorate in medicine and philosophy. He practiced medicine for some ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
In the fourth century a Greek religious romance on the Loves of Cecilia and Valerian was written in glorification of virginal life with the purpose of taking the place of then-popular sensual romances. Consequently, until better evidence is produced, we must conclude ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
St. Gertrude the Great, or St. Gertrude of Helfta, was born on January 6, 1256 in Germany. She eventually chose to follow the Lord by pursuing a vocation as a Benedictine Nun. Her deep relationship with the Lord in prayer led to her being hailed as a mystic. She was ... continue reading
Pope Saint Gregory I, also known as the Great, was the Pope of the Catholic Church between 590 and 604 AD. Gregory was born around 540 in Rome. The exact date of his birth is unknown. Although the Western Roman Empire had collapsed long before his birth, many ancient ... continue reading
By Deacon Frederick Bartels
Why is the Assumption important? First, lets look at what this dogma is all about. On 1 November, 1950, Pope Pius XII issued the Apostolic Constitution Munificentissimus Deus in which he proclaimed the dogma of the Assumption: "Mary, the immaculate perpetually Virgin ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Trump announces new Afghan strategy - do we get to win this time? HD ...
- St. Philip Benizi: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, August 23, 2017
- Here are four martyrs who died, protecting the seal of confession
- Does the Aug 21 eclipse spell doom for humanity? HD Video
- New research shows global warming is not your fault. Here's why
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, August 23, 2017
- Cultured meats coming to a store near you in 2018
- Daily Reading for Thursday, August 24th, 2017 HD
- 10 US Sailors missing after serious collision in Southeast Asian waters HD
- Jerry Lewis passes away at 91, was most proud of his family HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, August 23rd, 2017 HD