Personal Encounter with St. Michael The Archangel - Angel Stories
By: Melanie King
One night after coming home from a long trip, something happened that made me upset with Dave my husband. We are a couple that never really argued over anything, but this time we did and did not talk to each other for hours.
It was getting late and as usual before we go to bed, we always pray the rosary together! But now with the thought of being there next to him and not talking to each other then praying together made me feel so uneasy! But we had to because praying the rosary every night has been our devotion no matter what the situation is, where we are or how tired we get.
So when we were ready to pray, I thought maybe I should say what was going through my mind to calm me down before we start praying, and so the typical woman I am, I blurted out saying that next time when I am upset again to please avoid contradicting me. I expected him to say something, but to my dismay he just ignored me and started praying. I guess that made me more upset! So I ran out of our room, went to another, and in that room I sat down on the futon, contemplated in the dark and prayed the rosary alone. But it seemed that the devil found a way to take over! I tried to focus on every bead of the rosary but could not concentrate. I felt the devil interrupting and I kept trying harder to pray. Finally I managed to finish praying the rosary. Afterwards, I laid down, still contemplating on what had happened. I wanted to go back to our room but pride and rage kept me, and I did not know what to do next. So I prayed again, this time more meditatively. I asked GOD to show me what to do to be appeased because I was so troubled and feeling terribly strange! Then I remembered St. Michael the Archangel, knowing that he is the leader of the angel forces of heaven against the powers of hell, I called on him and talked to him like I was talking to a friend. And while tears were falling on my cheeks, I begged him desperately to help me.
After a few minutes of meditative talking, I saw a silhouette of someone standing there in the dark. I got up hurriedly to catch a glimpse of what I was seeing! Oh my GOD! I was so stunned, but I wasn't scared! I looked and stared and to my amazement, there it was, a silhouette of a warrior with wings and a sword! Without doubt, I knew it was St. Michael the Archangel! My heart was pounding hard but I felt enlightenment! And then, in my mind, I heard St Michael talking, telling me to go back to my room quietly, to lay down next to my husband and go to sleep in peace. After a minute or so, I did what St. Michael said.
When I was already in bed, I felt so comforted and appeased. David was sleeping soundly, and in my mind I thought, "This man loves me and cares for me so much," and then I was asleep.
When I got up in the morning, there he was! My husband with his open arms waiting for me, ready to kiss and hug me tight! After that I realized it was really St. Michael who appeared to me! Then I smiled and in my heart I said, "Thank you, St. Michael, thank you very much!" (I have a picture of St. Michael similar to the silhouette of what I saw).
Now my faith tells me that I need not have to worry anymore, that life is peaceful no matter what because GOD is always in our hearts, and that we have angels, especially St. Michael, who are always watching attentively over all of us! Thank you GOD! Hopefully with this testimony, you may be guided to call on St. Michael anytime you wish!
Please keep with you this powerful prayer. It helps!
St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May GOD rebuke him, we humbly pray, and may you, Oh Prince of the Heavenly Hosts, by the power of GOD, thrust into hell Satan and all the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. O glorious Prince St. Michael, chief and commander of the Heavenly Hosts, guardian of souls, vanquisher of rebel spirits, servant in the house of the Divine King and our admirable Conductor, you who shine with excellence and superhuman virtue, deliver us from all evil, all who turn to you with confidence, and enable us by your gracious protection to serve GOD more and more faithfully every day. Amen.
Thank you for reading my story and GOD be with all of us always! ... Melanie King
Some may never see with earthly eyes these heavenly beings or know that they exist. Many are unaware of the numerous ways they have protected and guided us. We would like to share with you the stories of people who take pleasure in expressing how real angels are.
Showing 1 - 50 of 328
- miracle, by BarbE
- Personal Encounter with St. Michael The Archangel, by Melanie King
- Angel in the rearview mirror, by Virginia Smith
- Guardian Angel, by Marilyn K.
- Angel found a problem., by Chris
- St. Michael Caretaker, by Pat
- My sister, my guardian angel, by Nancy
- Homeless Angel, by Barbara Romanowski
- Angel at the train station., by Colette
- Then Two Appeared, by Russell Gooding
- Unexplain incident, by Roda
- A New Light During Death, by Julia
- A beautiful night, by Riena
- Angels of the Mall, by Emmanuel Tio
- Sleek sneakers produce a bold statement , by scahywnmt
- The sign, by Wren
- Horse riding, by Harriet
- my dead baby is an angel, by Marina Montoya
- My Most Precious Jules, by Doreen Rodriguez
- My angel butterfly, by Mandy
- Angel in my dream, by Sha-Toya
- St. Michael and the Church Lights!, by KevinGH
- you are actually a good webmaster., by ebsfoegci
- Seven FIELDS, Pa. Pittsburgh Steelers running backs mentor Kirby Wilson was, by atdbtuhve
- Nice read, I just passed this onto a friend who was doing some research on , by dzyumdfsz
- The Protection of Love, by Mark
- Spared Again, by Paula Garon
- At 6:46am on April 14, 2011, R. Joyner said..., by mkbkeerin
- To The Rescue, by Marjorie Navara
- Might of been an angel., by Gladys
- The Visitor, by Lilliana Olazaran
- Rapture Drill, by Amy S.
- Unknown Messanger, by Rose
- An Angel With Disintegrating Body, by Emmanuel Tio
- Angel of Death or Angel of Mercy?, by V
- Penny from my Gaurdian Angel, by Daisy Doll
- How I started Rosary prayer, by zemelak
- Mary and Jesus, by Elie Khoury
- Three saved by an a Angel, by Irma Vela
- angel of life, by Zoey
- Smiling Jesus, by Luke C
- the angel in the store, by david.c
- Angels watching over us, by Gloria Los Banos
- My Phone Call, by Barbara
- Touched by heaven and earth angel, by John
- St. Anthony, by David Day
- My Guardian Angel saved me from great harm, by Joan
- An Angel without wings, by Mary William
- Angel in Red, by Michael Drew
- An angels love, by Grace
Saint Feast Days by Month
Augustinian bishop. Born at Fuentellana, Castile, Spain, he was the son of a miller. He studied at the University of Alcala, earned a licentiate in theology, and became a professor there at the age ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
St. Agnes of Rome was born in 291 AD and raised in a Christian family. Agnes was very beautiful and belonged to a wealthy family. Her hand in marriage was highly sought after, and she had many high ranking men chasing after her. However, Agnes made a promise to God ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
Pope Saint Gregory I, also known as the Great, was the Pope of the Catholic Church between 590 and 604 AD. Gregory was born around 540 in Rome. The exact date of his birth is unknown. Although the Western Roman Empire had collapsed long before his birth, many ancient ... continue reading
By Deacon Frederick Bartels
Why is the Assumption important? First, lets look at what this dogma is all about. On 1 November, 1950, Pope Pius XII issued the Apostolic Constitution Munificentissimus Deus in which he proclaimed the dogma of the Assumption: "Mary, the immaculate perpetually Virgin ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- It's time to regulate Facebook and other social media
- At UN, the Vatican asks all nations to help in fight against human ...
- St. Padre Pio: Saint of the Day for Saturday, September 23, 2017
- Daily Reading for Monday, September 25th, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, September 26th, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Readings for Saturday, September 23, 2017
- North Korea threatens to test H-Bomb over Pacific
- Woman photographs angel in flight, is it here to deliver a message? HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, September 24th, 2017 HD
- Hurricane Maria: The worst disaster for Puerto Rico HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, September 23rd, 2017 HD