New Book - The Emergent Christ: Exploring the Meaning of Catholic in an Evolutionary Universe
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
WASHINGTON, DC (May 17, 2011) - Award-winning author Sister Ilia Delio continues her exploration of faith and science in the 21st century with her latest book, The Emergent Christ: Exploring the Meaning of Catholic in an Evolutionary Universe.
Join her for a talk and book-signing!
7:30PM MAY 31
1658 COLUMBIA RD
Ilia Delio makes fascinating sense of the universe, beginning with the story of cosmic evolution, coursing through the meaning of God in evolution and the emergence of Christ, and concluding with new ways of seeing Christ in all things. As Teilhard de Chardin did in The Divine Milieu, Ilia Delio reveals the sacrament of God at work in the world.
She also explores the spiritual evolution within each of us and suggests that it will change the cosmos as well as the church. She shows that we are at a stage in evolution where our choices will determine what happens next.
The Emergent Christ is an antidote to the new atheism that says there is no place in evolution for God, let alone a God of love. It is also a spiritual tonic for Christians interested in understanding their place and purpose in this evolving universe.
Download a sample chapter from http://bit.ly/wtc-emergentchristsample-pdf
Order the book from http://bit.ly/wtc-emergentchrist
Woodstock Theological Center
https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=205306432843341 DC, 20057 US
R. M. Keelan Downton - Public Relations and Communications Specialist,
christ, evolution, science, religion, spirituality, teilhard, bonaventure, theology, fraciscan,
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Who's responsible for designing the designer?
- Thu, Jun 11, 2015- Mass & Healing Service with Fr. Bill Adams at Our Lady of Grace Catholic Church
- Your search for true happiness is over
- ValLimar Jansen's latest album "a soulful experience"
- Uncovering the roots (and branches) of the greatest revolution in the American Catholic Church
- NYC May 8, 2015 Spring Fling Catholic Singles Mingle Fundraiser
- Thank A Nun Day
- #TweetingwGod dares young people to believe
- Experience Beloved: Finding happiness in marriage
- Archbishop Aquila, Dr. Edward Sri and other experts to participate in 'Beloved' telepress conference