New Book - The Emergent Christ: Exploring the Meaning of Catholic in an Evolutionary Universe
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
WASHINGTON, DC (May 17, 2011) - Award-winning author Sister Ilia Delio continues her exploration of faith and science in the 21st century with her latest book, The Emergent Christ: Exploring the Meaning of Catholic in an Evolutionary Universe.
Join her for a talk and book-signing!
7:30PM MAY 31
1658 COLUMBIA RD
Ilia Delio makes fascinating sense of the universe, beginning with the story of cosmic evolution, coursing through the meaning of God in evolution and the emergence of Christ, and concluding with new ways of seeing Christ in all things. As Teilhard de Chardin did in The Divine Milieu, Ilia Delio reveals the sacrament of God at work in the world.
She also explores the spiritual evolution within each of us and suggests that it will change the cosmos as well as the church. She shows that we are at a stage in evolution where our choices will determine what happens next.
The Emergent Christ is an antidote to the new atheism that says there is no place in evolution for God, let alone a God of love. It is also a spiritual tonic for Christians interested in understanding their place and purpose in this evolving universe.
Download a sample chapter from http://bit.ly/wtc-emergentchristsample-pdf
Order the book from http://bit.ly/wtc-emergentchrist
Woodstock Theological Center
https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=205306432843341 DC, 20057 US
R. M. Keelan Downton - Public Relations and Communications Specialist,
christ, evolution, science, religion, spirituality, teilhard, bonaventure, theology, fraciscan,
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Enter the world of beatniks, hippies … and singing monks?
- George Weigel on Evangelical Catholicism in Catholic Universities
- Frankfurt Book Fair 2014
- ‘Christmas in Harvard Square’ wows with impressive debut on Billboard charts
- Pontifical Low Mass (DVD & Booklet)
- Horrific tragedy inspires Catholic entrepreneur to create powerful novel
- Cardinal Raymond Burke: Synod’s mid-term report ‘lacks a solid foundation in the Sacred Scriptures'
- Little Sisters of the Poor Receive Franciscan University’s Poverello Medal
- Bring Mary of Nazareth home
- 'Encounter Milwaukee' to Reach Catholic Young Adults