St. Cecilia’s Orchestra Earns Silver Moonbeam Award.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
(FRANKLIN PARK, IL (October 15, 2010) - The whimsical children’s book, “St. Cecilia’s Orchestra,” by artist Michael O’Neill McGrath and poet Alan J. Hommerding was awarded Silver Medal by the prestigious Moonbeam Children’s Book Awards. The Moonbeam Children's Book Awards, established by Independent Publisher ( http://www.independentpublisher.com ) intends to bring increased recognition to exemplary children's books and their creators, and to support childhood literacy and life-long reading. The awards recognize and reward the best of these books and bring them to the attention of parents, booksellers, librarians - and to children themselves. According to Jim Barnes, Award Director, "The cause of promoting childhood literacy knows no boundaries, and the award winners illustrate that point well, coming not only from long-established publishers and university presses, but from small presses, foundations, museums, and self-published entrepreneurs." Results for all the award winners can be found at http://www.independentpublisher.com/article.php?page=1386 .
The colorful and poetic journey through “St. Cecilia’s Orchestra” celebrates the various types and sounds of musical instruments around the world, capturing the imagination of all readers. “This book is meant to be read aloud, says Hommerding, “as the cadence and structure of the poems directly reflect the type and sound of each of the instruments.” As a composer and musician himself, Hommerding jumped at the chance to write the poetry for this book. When McGrath was creating the art, he had strong memories of city streets and native dwellings ringing with sound—sound not only ringing through orchestra halls, by trained professionals, but often created by street musicians and indigenous people that he encountered through his travels. The many faces he met inspired his work, and he saw this book as way to celebrate all the music in the world created by all kinds of people.
St. Cecilia’s Orchestra, ISBN #978-158459-4758, WLP #017348 published by World Library Publications and edited by Christine Krzystofczyk and graphic designer Christine Enault is available at http://www.wlpmusic.com and Amazon.com. It is also distributed to the trade through Ingram/Spring Arbor Distributors.
For media inquiries, contact Lisa Bagladi, Public Relations Manager at BagladiL@jspaluch.com or call 847.233.2749.
World Library Publications
http://www.wlp.jspaluch.com IL, 60131 US
Lisa Bagladi - Public Relations Manager, 847-233-2749
St.Cecilia's Orchestra, Moonbeam Awards
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- The CatholicTV Network to Air Special Coverage during Fortnight for Freedom
- The CatholicTV Network to air Ordination and Installation of Bishop-elect John Thomas Folda
- A Catholic Assessment of Evolution Theory – An origins science enhancer
- Running for a Reason: Priest Takes on Ultramarathon
- The CatholicTV Network to air Ordination and Installation of Bishop-elect David John Walkowiak
- Brave and Steadfast at 2013 Catholic Charismatic Conference
- The CatholicTV Network to air Film, “Building on Faith: The Historic Churches of Detroit”
- Catholic Word Publisher Group Welcomes Novo Millennio Press Series
- Father Terence Henry, TOR, Appointed Chancellor of Franciscan University
- Pauline Books & Media Releases New Resource for Catholic Dads