17th Annual CIMA Awards on February 28th
(Catholic) jury at Venice. She also served on the jury for short films at the Newport Beach Film Festival in 2006. Since 2000, Sr. Rose has
been co-director of the National Film Retreat and has taught film and spirituality courses at LMU, Saddleback College, and the University of Dayton.
CIMA President Jane Abbott notes: “The CIMA Board of Directors honors Sr. Rose Pacatte, FSP for her leadership role in the world of media literacy and for her passionate advocacy of media projects which illuminate the complexities and challenges of the human condition. CIMA also cites Sr. Rose’s significant contributions as an author, columnist, film reviewer and presenter and her tireless efforts as a Catholic panelist on some of the world’s most prestigious film festival juries, including Toronto, Venice and Berlin.”
Presenting the CIMA Board of Directors Award to Sr. Rose Pacatte, FSP is Producer/Director Tom Shadyc (“Bruce Almighty,” “Patch Adams,” Ace Ventura: Pet Detective” and the television series “8 Simple Rules.”
Past CIMA Board of Directors Award recipients include the late Fr. Ellwood “Bud” Kieser, CSP and the television series “7th Heaven.”
Academy Award nominee, Golden Globe Award and Cannes’ Palm d’Or winner Samantha Eggar will host the 2010 CIMA Award ceremonies. Following her stage debut opposite Albert Finney in “A Midsummer Night’s Dream,” Eggar was cast in a host of British films before being handpicked by director William Wyler for “The Collector,” which won her an Oscar nomination, international acclaim at the Cannes Film Festival with the Palm d’Or Award and a Golden Globe Award for Best Actress. Eggar starred opposite Cary Grant in “Walk Don’t Run,” opposite Rex Harrison and Anthony Newley in “Dr. Doolittle” and opposite Sean Connery and Richard Harris in “The Molly Maguires,” among many other memorable film and television appearances.
Tickets to the 2010 CIMA Awards can be purchased online at www.catholicsinmedia.org or by calling 818.907.2734.
CATHOLICS IN MEDIA ASSOCIATES (CIMA)
CIMA was formed in 1992 by working professionals in the entertainment industry to help them relate their faith to their professional lives. Through the annual awards, CIMA recognizes films, television programs and other entertainment forms that lift the spirit and help us better understand what it is to be part of the human family. Catholics in Media Associates (CIMA) is a California non-profit public benefit corporation.
Frank Tobin PR
http://www.catholicsinmedia.org IL, 60640 US
Frank Tobin - Owner / President, 323 6613720
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- 2 million reach out to Heartbeat's option line
- Conference Focuses On Courage to Defend the Church
- The CatholicTV Network Announces Programming in Honor of the Celestine Year
- Conference Sheds Light on Scripture through Prayer
- Religious Educators Learn How to Keep Christ at the Heart of the New Evangelization
- Fifth Centenary Celebration Unifies Faithful through Spirituality, Technology and Music
- Media Advisory: Messenger of the Truth documentary to air in Los Angeles and Santa Barbara
- Provocative music-driven love story to contend in year of faith films
- Youth Conference Brings Teens 'Face to Face' With God
- The CatholicTV Network Honors National NFP Awareness Week