Gregorian Chant Practicum
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CICERO, IN (January 16, 2010) - On January 30th 2010 a.D. the St. John Bosco Latin Mass Community is proud to host Fr. Robert Fromagoet, FSSP who will conduct a Gregorian Chant Practicum at Sacred Heart of Jesus Catholic Church in Cicero, IN at 10 am. Fr. Fromagoet is a professor of Dogmatic Theology at the Priestly Fraternity of Saint Peter’s North American Seminary of Our Lady of Guadalupe in Denton, NE as well as the Music Director at St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church in Lincoln, NE. Father has conducted numerous Practicum’s on Gregorian Chant, he was a recent guest of EWTN’s Life on the rock where he spoke on Gregorian Chant and how it helps the liturgy fulfill its twofold end; namely, the worship of God and the sanctification of souls.
The Practicum will consist of 3 parts:
I. Introduction to chant
II. Basics of chant
III. Chant Practicum (Chant Workshop)
-Missa de Angelis
The practicum is open to everyone. No matter if you are a novice or an expert, it will enrich your understanding of Gregorian chant. If you have any questions please feel free to contact Mr. Terry Garrity at 317-984-9158 or 317-984-3358. Also, you may visit our website at www.uvcarmel.org.
Cost: Free will donations accepted.
Una Voce Carmel
http://www.uvcarmel.org IN, 46034 US
Terry Garrity - Dir Special Projects, 317 984-3358
Gregorian Chant Practicum, Fr. Robert Fromageot, FSSP, Una Voce Carmel, Speaker Series
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Live Web Event with Scott Hahn
- New Book by IPS Brings together Psychologists, Theologians and Philosophers to 'Build the Bridge'
- Remembering Fr. Kapaun and all our fallen heroes on Memorial Day
- First U.S. Publisher to Speak at Canadian Catholic Schools Convention
- IPS Press Announces Last Book from the Late Benedict Ashley, O.P. A Culmination of His Life's Work
- Human cloning for stem cells remains unethical, impractical and dangerous
- Book Launch: The Church Under Attack
- Angels and Saints at Ephesus debuts at No. 1 on Billboard’s Classical Traditional Music Chart
- Mission of Healing in Los Angeles
- Father Robert Reed to be Honored by the Boston Archdiocesan Choir School