Maryknoll Speakers Series Presents Sister Helen Prejean
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Sister Helen Prejean: Dead Man Walking ĖThe Journey Continues
FREE Lecture Sunday, October 4, 2:30 to 4 p.m.
OSSINING, NY (September 16, 2009) - Sister Helen Prejean, internationally known for her tireless work against the death penalty and for sparking national dialogue on the issue, helped to shape the Catholic Churchís newly vigorous opposition to all state executions.
Sister Prejeanís presentation will include stories of forgiveness and reconciliation from her experience working with death row inmates as well as the grieving families of murder victims.
Her book based on these experiences, Dead Man Walking: An Eyewitness Account of the Death Penalty in the United States, was nominated for a Pulitzer Prize, and became an Oscar-winning film and internationally acclaimed opera.
Sister Prejeanís books will be available for sale and signing after the presentation. Maryknoll Museum of Living Mission will be open before and after the event. All are welcome. Admission is FREE.
Maryknoll Fathers and Brothers Center, 55 Ryder Road, Ossining, NY 10562
RSVP to Betsey Guest email@example.com
914-941-7636, ext. 2219
Maryknoll Fathers and Brothers
http://www.maryknollsociety.org NY, 10562 US
Betsey Guest - Community Outreach, 914 7590
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Joy of the Gospel Retreat for Priests Offered
- Media Advisory - Cardinal, other experts participate in Tele-Press Conference
- Discover the Rich History of the Catholic Church in America
- Would You Baptize an Extraterrestrial?
- Franciscan University Symposia to Celebrate 25 Years of John Paul II's Ex corde Ecclesiae
- Join RealOptions at Ignite Life 2014!
- New Edition of Writings by a Prophetic Pope
- George Weigel to Speak on Evangelical Catholicism and Higher Education
- Teacher Wins $3,000 Cash Prize for Catholic YA Novel
- 'Power of Beauty' Conference to Discuss Role of Beauty in Everyday Life