Maryknoll Speakers Series Presents Sister Helen Prejean
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Sister Helen Prejean: Dead Man Walking -The Journey Continues
FREE Lecture Sunday, October 4, 2:30 to 4 p.m.
OSSINING, NY (September 16, 2009) - Sister Helen Prejean, internationally known for her tireless work against the death penalty and for sparking national dialogue on the issue, helped to shape the Catholic Church's newly vigorous opposition to all state executions.
Sister Prejean's presentation will include stories of forgiveness and reconciliation from her experience working with death row inmates as well as the grieving families of murder victims.
Her book based on these experiences, Dead Man Walking: An Eyewitness Account of the Death Penalty in the United States, was nominated for a Pulitzer Prize, and became an Oscar-winning film and internationally acclaimed opera.
Sister Prejean's books will be available for sale and signing after the presentation. Maryknoll Museum of Living Mission will be open before and after the event. All are welcome. Admission is FREE.
Maryknoll Fathers and Brothers Center, 55 Ryder Road, Ossining, NY 10562
RSVP to Betsey Guest email@example.com
914-941-7636, ext. 2219
Maryknoll Fathers and Brothers
http://www.maryknollsociety.org NY, 10562 US
Betsey Guest - Community Outreach, 914 7590
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- CONOR GALLAGHER NAMED PUBLISHER OF TAN BOOKS AND SAINT BENEDICT PRESS
- Thérèse Drama Surprises Audiences
- Catholic Press Association Honors Liguori
- Crosier Order elects master general and councilors
- Indie Catholic Authors June Ebook Sale Offers the Faithful 17 Books Outside the Mainstream
- World Library Publications Honored With Three Paul Revere Awards
- Limitless Love in Action: First Steubenville Youth Conference Inspires Teens to Bring the Fire Home
- Franciscan University of Steubenville Athletic Director Enshrined in Sports Faith Hall of Fame
- AWARD-WINNING CATHOLIC AUTHORS TEAM-UP TO PROMOTE HEALING THROUGH FORGIVENESS
- NY CONCERT FOR NEPAL 5/31