Maryknoll Speakers Series Presents Sister Helen Prejean
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Sister Helen Prejean: Dead Man Walking -The Journey Continues
FREE Lecture Sunday, October 4, 2:30 to 4 p.m.
OSSINING, NY (September 16, 2009) - Sister Helen Prejean, internationally known for her tireless work against the death penalty and for sparking national dialogue on the issue, helped to shape the Catholic Church's newly vigorous opposition to all state executions.
Sister Prejean's presentation will include stories of forgiveness and reconciliation from her experience working with death row inmates as well as the grieving families of murder victims.
Her book based on these experiences, Dead Man Walking: An Eyewitness Account of the Death Penalty in the United States, was nominated for a Pulitzer Prize, and became an Oscar-winning film and internationally acclaimed opera.
Sister Prejean's books will be available for sale and signing after the presentation. Maryknoll Museum of Living Mission will be open before and after the event. All are welcome. Admission is FREE.
Maryknoll Fathers and Brothers Center, 55 Ryder Road, Ossining, NY 10562
RSVP to Betsey Guest email@example.com
914-941-7636, ext. 2219
Maryknoll Fathers and Brothers
http://www.maryknollsociety.org NY, 10562 US
Betsey Guest - Community Outreach, 914 7590
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Who's responsible for designing the designer?
- Thu, Jun 11, 2015- Mass & Healing Service with Fr. Bill Adams at Our Lady of Grace Catholic Church
- Your search for true happiness is over
- ValLimar Jansen's latest album "a soulful experience"
- Uncovering the roots (and branches) of the greatest revolution in the American Catholic Church
- NYC May 8, 2015 Spring Fling Catholic Singles Mingle Fundraiser
- Thank A Nun Day
- #TweetingwGod dares young people to believe
- Experience Beloved: Finding happiness in marriage
- Archbishop Aquila, Dr. Edward Sri and other experts to participate in 'Beloved' telepress conference