Maryknoll Speakers Series Presents Sister Helen Prejean
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Sister Helen Prejean: Dead Man Walking –The Journey Continues
FREE Lecture Sunday, October 4, 2:30 to 4 p.m.
OSSINING, NY (September 16, 2009) - Sister Helen Prejean, internationally known for her tireless work against the death penalty and for sparking national dialogue on the issue, helped to shape the Catholic Church’s newly vigorous opposition to all state executions.
Sister Prejean’s presentation will include stories of forgiveness and reconciliation from her experience working with death row inmates as well as the grieving families of murder victims.
Her book based on these experiences, Dead Man Walking: An Eyewitness Account of the Death Penalty in the United States, was nominated for a Pulitzer Prize, and became an Oscar-winning film and internationally acclaimed opera.
Sister Prejean’s books will be available for sale and signing after the presentation. Maryknoll Museum of Living Mission will be open before and after the event. All are welcome. Admission is FREE.
Maryknoll Fathers and Brothers Center, 55 Ryder Road, Ossining, NY 10562
RSVP to Betsey Guest firstname.lastname@example.org
914-941-7636, ext. 2219
Maryknoll Fathers and Brothers
http://www.maryknollsociety.org NY, 10562 US
Betsey Guest - Community Outreach, 914 7590
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- How would Bilbo vote?
- EWTN PREMIERE: New StoryTel Film Explores Soldiers of Christ in America
- Crosiers offer novena for protection against Ebola virus
- Meet the enemy of big government: J.R.R. Tolkien
- Enter the world of beatniks, hippies … and singing monks?
- Pontiff and Prophet: Pope Paul VI predictions in On Human Life ring true throughout the world
- George Weigel on Evangelical Catholicism in Catholic Universities
- Frankfurt Book Fair 2014
- ‘Christmas in Harvard Square’ wows with impressive debut on Billboard charts
- Pontifical Low Mass (DVD & Booklet)