New Music for the Year of St Paul - 'Missa in Honore Sancte Paule' - Fr. Scott Haynes, SJC
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CHICAGO, IL (JANUARY 23, 2009) - During the Year of St. Paul St John Cantius is celebrating with several special events. 2009 is also the 200th anniversary of the death of Franz Joseph Haydn, a great Catholic composer of sacred music.
Fr. Scott Haynes, SJC, has written a "Missa Brevis" in honor of the Conversion of St. Paul in the style of Franz Joseph Haydn.
Everyone is welcome to attend the 12:30 pm Mass on Sunday, January 25, 2009 (Feast of the Conversion of St. Paul) to hear the Cantate Domino Choir and chamber orchestra premier this new composition at the Latin High Mass (1962 Missale Romanum).
Missa Brevis in Honore Sancte Paule
Rev. Scott A. Haynes, S.J.C. (b. 1971)
Organ Concerto in F Major, Hob. XVIII:7
Franz Joseph Haydn (1732-1809)
Cantate Domino Choir (Womens' Chorus)
Chamber Orchestra and Organ
Stephanie Sheffield, Soprano
Michelle Mitsui, Alto
Canons Regular of St John Cantius
http://www.cantius.org/go/news/detail/year_of_saint_paul/ IL, 60642 US
Fr. Scott Haynes, SJC - webmaster, 312 243 7373
Mass, Year of St. Paul
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Benedictines of Mary, Queen of Apostles make Billboard Chart history
- NYC Sat Dec 21st Catholic Professionals Mass & Christmas Social
- Pope Francis to Celebrate Bambinelli Sunday, December 15
- Celine Dion Moved to Tears Voicing Her Support for Mary’s Meals documentary, CHILD 31
- 'Francis: A Pope For Our Time, The Definitive Biography'
- Ignatius Press to release Pope Francis’ first Apostolic Exhortation
- Steve Ray Conference December 14,2013 in Brighton, MI
- A trip to another planet shatters assumptions
- Christian Doctors Providing Relief Work to the Philippines
- Production of Catholic cartoon about Saint Kateri Tekakwitha