New Music for the Year of St Paul - 'Missa in Honore Sancte Paule' - Fr. Scott Haynes, SJC
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CHICAGO, IL (JANUARY 23, 2009) - During the Year of St. Paul St John Cantius is celebrating with several special events. 2009 is also the 200th anniversary of the death of Franz Joseph Haydn, a great Catholic composer of sacred music.
Fr. Scott Haynes, SJC, has written a "Missa Brevis" in honor of the Conversion of St. Paul in the style of Franz Joseph Haydn.
Everyone is welcome to attend the 12:30 pm Mass on Sunday, January 25, 2009 (Feast of the Conversion of St. Paul) to hear the Cantate Domino Choir and chamber orchestra premier this new composition at the Latin High Mass (1962 Missale Romanum).
Missa Brevis in Honore Sancte Paule
Rev. Scott A. Haynes, S.J.C. (b. 1971)
Organ Concerto in F Major, Hob. XVIII:7
Franz Joseph Haydn (1732-1809)
Cantate Domino Choir (Womens' Chorus)
Chamber Orchestra and Organ
Stephanie Sheffield, Soprano
Michelle Mitsui, Alto
Canons Regular of St John Cantius
http://www.cantius.org/go/news/detail/year_of_saint_paul/ IL, 60642 US
Fr. Scott Haynes, SJC - webmaster, 312 243 7373
Mass, Year of St. Paul
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- What if we told you Aquinas wasn’t all about philosophy?
- Meet the Woman Who Inspired Ludovico of Casoria, the Church's Newest Saint for the Poor
- Celebrating the Return of a Timeless Classic: The Beloved Queen of Apostles Prayer Book
- “JOY TO THE WORLD” THE 2014 DAUGHTERS OF ST. PAUL CHRISTMAS CONCERT SERIES TOUR BEGINS DECEMBER 3
- Forty Catholic dioceses in effective schism?
- Meet a Medieval Pro-life Saint: Elizabeth of Hungary
- My Battle Against Hitler Blog Book Tour
- Hildebrand and the Third Reich
- Pray the rosary with your Sisters
- Something Other Than God nominated for Best Memoir & Autobiography in Goodreads 2014 Choice Awards