A Saint's Christmas Carol
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
ITALY'S MOST POPULAR CHRISTMAS CAROL
Composed by a Saint!
TU SCENDI DALLE STELLE
(“He came down from the heavens”)
Text and Music by St. Alphonsus Maria Liguori
DENVER, CO (December 13, 2008) - Go to the “Home” page at www.redemptorists-denver.org to hear this beautiful hymn written by one of the Church’s greatest saints, a doctor of the Church, and the founder of the Redemptorists!
Written over 250 years ago, it’s still the most popular Christmas carol in Italy today! Giuseppe Verdi, the great 19th century composer of operas, said of Tu Scendi: “Christmas is not Christmas without Tu Scendi!”
The carol is just one of several hymns by St. Alphonsus featured on the CDs, “Praying the Rosary with St. Alphonsus Maria Liguori” and “Praying the Seven Sorrows of Mary with St. Alphonsus Maria Liguori,” both available through Little Lamb Music at www.littlelambmusic.com or by calling 1-800-231-1207.
For more information contact:
Redemptorist Fathers & Brothers
1230 South Parker Road
Denver, CO 80231
Redemptorists Denver Province
http://www.redemptorists-denver.org CO, 80231 US
Bruce Crane - Communications, 303 565-5450
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- EWTN PREMIERE: New StoryTel Film Explores Soldiers of Christ in America
- Crosiers offer novena for protection against Ebola virus
- Meet the enemy of big government: J.R.R. Tolkien
- Enter the world of beatniks, hippies … and singing monks?
- Pontiff and Prophet: Pope Paul VI predictions in On Human Life ring true throughout the world
- George Weigel on Evangelical Catholicism in Catholic Universities
- Frankfurt Book Fair 2014
- ‘Christmas in Harvard Square’ wows with impressive debut on Billboard charts
- Pontifical Low Mass (DVD & Booklet)
- Horrific tragedy inspires Catholic entrepreneur to create powerful novel