Workshops in the Latin Mass for Priests and Seminarians
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CHICAGO, IL (JULY 4, 2008) - From Monday, September 8 through Friday, September 12, 2008, the Canons Regular of St. John Cantius, in conjunction with the Archdiocese of Chicago, will offer a Traditional Latin Mass Training Workshop for priests, deacons and seminarians.
Those interested to learn the Extraordinary Form of the Latin Roman Rite (1962 Missale Romanum) will have a special opportunity over a period of five days to study the Traditional Latin Mass with the Canons Regular, as well as an opportunity to gain experience with the Traditional Roman Liturgy through hands-on demonstration, conferences and question/answer sessions.
Each day the Mass will be celebrated according to the 1962 Missale Romanum. Latin Mass Workshops
* Missa Privata (Low Mass)
* Missa Cantata (High Mass without incense)
* Missa Cantata (High Mass with incense)
This workshop will provide:
* Instruction in the Rubrics of the 1962 Missale Romanum
* Instruction in the Low Mass (Missa Privata)
* Instruction in the High Mass (Missa Cantata)
* Instruction in the Gregorian Chant for the Priest
* Instruction in the Pronunciation of Ecclesiastical Latin
For details/photos about past workshops please visit: www.sanctamissa.org/workshops/news-photos
For details about the September 8-12, 2008 workshop visit: sanctamissa.org/workshops/for-priests/september-8-2008
All events will take place on the lovely campus of Mundelein Seminary.
Room is limited. Sign up today.
Canons Regular of St John Cantius
http://sanctamissa.org/workshops/for-priests/september-8-2008/ IL, US
Fr Scott Haynes, SJC - webmaster, 312 243 7373
Traditional Latin Mass, Extraordinary Form, Learning the Mass for Priests
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- How would Bilbo vote?
- EWTN PREMIERE: New StoryTel Film Explores Soldiers of Christ in America
- Crosiers offer novena for protection against Ebola virus
- Meet the enemy of big government: J.R.R. Tolkien
- Enter the world of beatniks, hippies … and singing monks?
- Pontiff and Prophet: Pope Paul VI predictions in On Human Life ring true throughout the world
- George Weigel on Evangelical Catholicism in Catholic Universities
- Frankfurt Book Fair 2014
- ‘Christmas in Harvard Square’ wows with impressive debut on Billboard charts
- Pontifical Low Mass (DVD & Booklet)