Ethical Issues in Sex and Marriage Conference
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Ethical Issues in Sex and Marriage to be Topic of Conference
STEUBENVILLE, OH (JANUARY 22, 2008) — How are sex, marriage, and procreation related? What role, if any, should the political community play in shaping the culture on this issue? What are the moral limits of technology for sexuality and reproduction?
These and related questions will be discussed at the Ethical Issues in Sex and Marriage Conference to be held at Franciscan University of Steubenville, Ohio, March 27-29, 2008.
Dr. Patrick Lee, director of Franciscan University’s Institute of Bioethics, invites philosophers, attorneys, legal professionals, and anyone interested in the current intellectual debate on sexual ethics and the state of marriage to attend the three-day conference.
Among the speakers will be Maggie Gallagher, president of the Washington DC-based Institute for Marriage and Public Policy. Gallagher is also editor of MarriageDebate.com, a syndicated columnist, author, and frequent television commentator. Her articles on marriage policy have appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal and Weekly Standard.
Other featured speakers will be Joseph Boyle, PhD, University of Toronto; Teresa Collett, J.D., University of St. Thomas; and Andrew Trew, PhD, John Carroll University. There will also be presentations of contributed papers.
“We will be considering the most controversial issues involved in the clash between secularism and traditional morality,” said Lee. “Conference participants will acquire a clearer view of these issues and will meet others who are working in the area as philosophers, legal professionals, political specialists, and diocesan ministry professionals.”
For information on the Ethical Issues in Sex and Marriage Conference visit www.franciscanconferences.com, call 1-800-437-8368, or contact Dr. Lee at email@example.com. Register by February 1 to receive a discount registration rate of $175, which includes all meals.
http://www.franciscanconferences.com OH, US
Tom Sofio - Assoc. Dir. of PR, 740 284-5893
Sex, Ethics, Morality, Catholic, Conference
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Religious Educators Learn How to Keep Christ at the Heart of the New Evangelization
- Fifth Centenary Celebration Unifies Faithful through Spirituality, Technology and Music
- Media Advisory: Messenger of the Truth documentary to air in Los Angeles and Santa Barbara
- Provocative music-driven love story to contend in year of faith films
- Youth Conference Brings Teens 'Face to Face' With God
- The CatholicTV Network Honors National NFP Awareness Week
- Leading Catholic Church law judge and bishops support Catholics faithful to spouses after divorce
- Habitat for Humanity of Greater L.A. Announces Catholic Coalition Partnership, Inaugural Build Event
- Liguori Publications Buys Franciscan Media’s Parish Resources
- Pauline Books & Media 2014 CPA Awards