Contemporary Religious Art Exhibit Featured at Christendom College
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
FRONT ROYAL, VA, OCTOBER 24, 2007 - “Redeeming Beauty: Religious Works of Contemporary Artists,” a traveling art exhibit sponsored by The Foundation for Sacred Arts, opens at the St. John the Evangelist Library of Christendom College on October 24. The Exhibition will be on display through December 12, 2007.
The featured art aims to “spark a movement in the arts that will revitalize Christian art and reestablish it as a dynamic and viable expression within the art world.”
Library Director Andrew Armstrong welcomes what he calls “a beautiful and diverse exhibit of works by Christian artists from around the nation and the world.”
“The show opens up to the students at the College, and any who attend, a window to witness first-hand the fruits of faith-filled men and women, putting their artistic talents to work for the Church in our day,” he said.
The Foundation for Sacred Arts “seeks to stimulate a movement in the fine arts by inspiring those with artistic talent to create works of truth, beauty, and goodness. Through the promotion of these works of art, we hope to renew the cultural fabric of the modern world and to bring people to encounter the risen Christ,“ their website states.
Christendom College is hosting the exhibition as part of its Beato Fra Angelico Fine Arts Program, which offers students an opportunity to experience directly the beauty of God in the aesthetic fruits of Western Civilization through live performances and on-campus events.
For more information please contact Andrew Armstrong at (540) 636-2900 x1231 or email@example.com or Rachel Ross at (301) 365-0760 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can visit The Foundation for Sacred Arts on the web at www.thesacredarts.org.
http://www.christendom.edu , US
Niall O'Donnell - Asst. Director of PR, 540 6362900
Catholic Schools & Religious Education
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Divine Mercy Drama Comes to Washington, DC
- Gospel of Mark — Ready, Set, Go! - September 6, 2014
- Come to the Sisters of Providence Fall Discernment Weekend Oct. 31-Nov. 2, 2014
- New Book Helps Readers Trust God with St. Therese's Little Way
- CatholicTV Launches 2.0 of iOS app, Android 2.0 to soon follow
- OCP brings music to South Korea’s Asian Youth Day
- Episode 35 with Guest Dr. Paul Thigpen
- Jersey City, NJ - Saturday August 23rd Catholic Young Professionals Mass & Biergarten Social
- CESJ Names Fr. Trigilio and Dcn. Gorini to Board of Counselors
- FORBES Ranks Franciscan University Among America's Top Colleges