Maryknoll International Film Festival
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
MARYKNOLL, N.Y. SEPTEMBER 25, 2007 – The second offering of the new international film festival sponsored by the Maryknoll Fathers and Brothers will be shown on Friday Oct. 19, at 7:30 p.m., at the Maryknoll Society Center in Ossining.
The series of nine monthly offerings entitled, Life through Death: God’s Self-sacrificing Love Revealed in Relationships, continues with Central Station, a 1998 Brazilian film from director Walter Salles.
Each film will be introduced by a Maryknoll missioner who will facilitate a brief discussion following the screening.
All are welcome. Admission is free.
WHAT: International Film Festival at Maryknoll
WHEN: Friday, Oct. 19, 2007, 7:30 p.m.
WHERE: Maryknoll Society Center Building
55 Ryder Rd., Ossining, N.Y.
Maryknoll, the U.S.-based Catholic missionary movement, includes the Maryknoll Society (Fathers and Brothers), the Maryknoll Congregation (Sisters), the Maryknoll Lay Missioners, and the Maryknoll Affiliates. Maryknollers have been representing U.S. Catholics in overseas mission since 1911 and currently serve in 39 countries worldwide. For more information on Maryknoll, consult the World Wide Web at www.maryknoll.org
http://www.maryknoll.org/filmfest NY, US
Betsey Guest - Community Outreach, 914 941-76362439
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Enter the world of beatniks, hippies … and singing monks?
- Pontiff and Prophet: Pope Paul VI predictions in On Human Life ring true throughout the world
- George Weigel on Evangelical Catholicism in Catholic Universities
- Frankfurt Book Fair 2014
- ‘Christmas in Harvard Square’ wows with impressive debut on Billboard charts
- Pontifical Low Mass (DVD & Booklet)
- Horrific tragedy inspires Catholic entrepreneur to create powerful novel
- Cardinal Raymond Burke: Synod’s mid-term report ‘lacks a solid foundation in the Sacred Scriptures'
- Little Sisters of the Poor Receive Franciscan University’s Poverello Medal
- Bring Mary of Nazareth home