Maryknoll International Film Festival
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
MARYKNOLL, N.Y. SEPTEMBER 25, 2007 - The second offering of the new international film festival sponsored by the Maryknoll Fathers and Brothers will be shown on Friday Oct. 19, at 7:30 p.m., at the Maryknoll Society Center in Ossining.
The series of nine monthly offerings entitled, Life through Death: God's Self-sacrificing Love Revealed in Relationships, continues with Central Station, a 1998 Brazilian film from director Walter Salles.
Each film will be introduced by a Maryknoll missioner who will facilitate a brief discussion following the screening.
All are welcome. Admission is free.
WHAT: International Film Festival at Maryknoll
WHEN: Friday, Oct. 19, 2007, 7:30 p.m.
WHERE: Maryknoll Society Center Building
55 Ryder Rd., Ossining, N.Y.
Maryknoll, the U.S.-based Catholic missionary movement, includes the Maryknoll Society (Fathers and Brothers), the Maryknoll Congregation (Sisters), the Maryknoll Lay Missioners, and the Maryknoll Affiliates. Maryknollers have been representing U.S. Catholics in overseas mission since 1911 and currently serve in 39 countries worldwide. For more information on Maryknoll, consult the World Wide Web at www.maryknoll.org
http://www.maryknoll.org/filmfest NY, US
Betsey Guest - Community Outreach, 914 941-76362439
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Who's responsible for designing the designer?
- Thu, Jun 11, 2015- Mass & Healing Service with Fr. Bill Adams at Our Lady of Grace Catholic Church
- Your search for true happiness is over
- ValLimar Jansen's latest album "a soulful experience"
- Uncovering the roots (and branches) of the greatest revolution in the American Catholic Church
- NYC May 8, 2015 Spring Fling Catholic Singles Mingle Fundraiser
- Thank A Nun Day
- #TweetingwGod dares young people to believe
- Experience Beloved: Finding happiness in marriage
- Archbishop Aquila, Dr. Edward Sri and other experts to participate in 'Beloved' telepress conference