Maryknoll International Film Festival
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
MARYKNOLL, N.Y. SEPTEMBER 25, 2007 – The second offering of the new international film festival sponsored by the Maryknoll Fathers and Brothers will be shown on Friday Oct. 19, at 7:30 p.m., at the Maryknoll Society Center in Ossining.
The series of nine monthly offerings entitled, Life through Death: God’s Self-sacrificing Love Revealed in Relationships, continues with Central Station, a 1998 Brazilian film from director Walter Salles.
Each film will be introduced by a Maryknoll missioner who will facilitate a brief discussion following the screening.
All are welcome. Admission is free.
WHAT: International Film Festival at Maryknoll
WHEN: Friday, Oct. 19, 2007, 7:30 p.m.
WHERE: Maryknoll Society Center Building
55 Ryder Rd., Ossining, N.Y.
Maryknoll, the U.S.-based Catholic missionary movement, includes the Maryknoll Society (Fathers and Brothers), the Maryknoll Congregation (Sisters), the Maryknoll Lay Missioners, and the Maryknoll Affiliates. Maryknollers have been representing U.S. Catholics in overseas mission since 1911 and currently serve in 39 countries worldwide. For more information on Maryknoll, consult the World Wide Web at www.maryknoll.org
http://www.maryknoll.org/filmfest NY, US
Betsey Guest - Community Outreach, 914 941-76362439
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- What if we told you Aquinas wasn’t all about philosophy?
- Meet the Woman Who Inspired Ludovico of Casoria, the Church's Newest Saint for the Poor
- Celebrating the Return of a Timeless Classic: The Beloved Queen of Apostles Prayer Book
- “JOY TO THE WORLD” THE 2014 DAUGHTERS OF ST. PAUL CHRISTMAS CONCERT SERIES TOUR BEGINS DECEMBER 3
- Forty Catholic dioceses in effective schism?
- Meet a Medieval Pro-life Saint: Elizabeth of Hungary
- My Battle Against Hitler Blog Book Tour
- Hildebrand and the Third Reich
- Pray the rosary with your Sisters
- Something Other Than God nominated for Best Memoir & Autobiography in Goodreads 2014 Choice Awards