Maryknoll Film Festival Opening
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
MARYKNOLL, N.Y. - AUGUST 30, 2007 - A new international film festival, sponsored by the Maryknoll Fathers and Brothers, will open on Friday Sept. 21, at 7:30 p.m., at the Maryknoll Society Center in Ossining.
The series of nine monthly offerings entitled, Life through Death: God's Self-sacrificing Love Revealed in Relationships, will open with Riding Alone for Thousands of Miles, China/Japan 2005, from director Zhang Yimou.
Each film will be introduced by a Maryknoll missioner who will facilitate a brief discussion following the screening.
All are welcome. Admission is free.
WHAT: International Film Festival at Maryknoll
WHEN: Friday, Sept. 21, 2007, 7:30 p.m.
WHERE: Maryknoll Society Center Building
55 Ryder Rd., Ossining, N.Y.
Maryknoll, the U.S.-based Catholic missionary movement, includes the Maryknoll Society (Fathers and Brothers), the Maryknoll Congregation (Sisters), the Maryknoll Lay Missioners, and the Maryknoll Affiliates. Maryknollers have been representing U.S. Catholics in overseas mission since 1911 and currently serve in 39 countries worldwide. For more information on Maryknoll, consult the World Wide Web at www.maryknoll.org.
http://www.maryknoll.org NY, US
Betsey Guest - Media Assistant, 914 941-76362439
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Crosier Order elects master general and councilors
- Indie Catholic Authors June Ebook Sale Offers the Faithful 17 Books Outside the Mainstream
- World Library Publications Honored With Three Paul Revere Awards
- Limitless Love in Action: First Steubenville Youth Conference Inspires Teens to Bring the Fire Home
- Franciscan University of Steubenville Athletic Director Enshrined in Sports Faith Hall of Fame
- AWARD-WINNING CATHOLIC AUTHORS TEAM-UP TO PROMOTE HEALING THROUGH FORGIVENESS
- NY CONCERT FOR NEPAL 5/31
- Who's responsible for designing the designer?
- Thu, Jun 11, 2015- Mass & Healing Service with Fr. Bill Adams at Our Lady of Grace Catholic Church
- Your search for true happiness is over