Maryknoll Film Festival Opening
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
MARYKNOLL, N.Y. - AUGUST 30, 2007 - A new international film festival, sponsored by the Maryknoll Fathers and Brothers, will open on Friday Sept. 21, at 7:30 p.m., at the Maryknoll Society Center in Ossining.
The series of nine monthly offerings entitled, Life through Death: God’s Self-sacrificing Love Revealed in Relationships, will open with Riding Alone for Thousands of Miles, China/Japan 2005, from director Zhang Yimou.
Each film will be introduced by a Maryknoll missioner who will facilitate a brief discussion following the screening.
All are welcome. Admission is free.
WHAT: International Film Festival at Maryknoll
WHEN: Friday, Sept. 21, 2007, 7:30 p.m.
WHERE: Maryknoll Society Center Building
55 Ryder Rd., Ossining, N.Y.
Maryknoll, the U.S.-based Catholic missionary movement, includes the Maryknoll Society (Fathers and Brothers), the Maryknoll Congregation (Sisters), the Maryknoll Lay Missioners, and the Maryknoll Affiliates. Maryknollers have been representing U.S. Catholics in overseas mission since 1911 and currently serve in 39 countries worldwide. For more information on Maryknoll, consult the World Wide Web at www.maryknoll.org.
http://www.maryknoll.org NY, US
Betsey Guest - Media Assistant, 914 941-76362439
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- EWTN PREMIERE: New StoryTel Film Explores Soldiers of Christ in America
- Crosiers offer novena for protection against Ebola virus
- Meet the enemy of big government: J.R.R. Tolkien
- Enter the world of beatniks, hippies … and singing monks?
- Pontiff and Prophet: Pope Paul VI predictions in On Human Life ring true throughout the world
- George Weigel on Evangelical Catholicism in Catholic Universities
- Frankfurt Book Fair 2014
- ‘Christmas in Harvard Square’ wows with impressive debut on Billboard charts
- Pontifical Low Mass (DVD & Booklet)
- Horrific tragedy inspires Catholic entrepreneur to create powerful novel