Family Event for Premiere of FBI Girl, based on Irish-Catholic Memoir
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Pittsburgh, PA, MAY 18, 2007 - Barnes & Noble Bookstores in Monroeville, PA will hold a special family event to benefit the Down Syndrome Center of Western PA on Sat., May 26th from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. The event is being held in conjunction with the premiere of FBI Girl: How I Learned to Crack My Father’s Code by The REP, Point Park University’s professional theatre company.
The May 26th festivities will include a special performance of a song written for the play’s premiere. The public can participate in games for all ages—including a mystery book scavenger hunt—and pick up special vouchers at Barnes & Noble to present when making purchases that will benefit the Down Syndrome Center at Children’s Hospital. The author will be available to sign copies of the book FBI Girl during the special event hours. Vouchers will be available during all store hours on May 26th.
The play FBI Girl is based upon a memoir by Maura Conlon-McIvor about her Irish-Catholic family mostly held together by commitment to her brother Joey, born with Down syndrome. The production runs from May 23 - June 10, 2007, at the Pittsburgh Playhouse in Oakland. Evening shows are at 8 p.m. Wednesdays through Saturdays, and Sunday matinees are at 2 p.m. Tickets are $18 - $22.
For more information about events and to order tickets, visit www.pittsburghplayhouse.com or call the box office 412-621-4445. On Saturday evening, May 26 join the author and Dr. William Cohen, Director of the Down Syndrome Center after the performance for a post-show discussion.
Point Park University
http://www.pittsburghplayhouse.com PA, US
Colleen Derda - marketing, 412 241-5225
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Pope Francis to Celebrate Bambinelli Sunday, December 15
- Celine Dion Moved to Tears Voicing Her Support for Mary’s Meals documentary, CHILD 31
- 'Francis: A Pope For Our Time, The Definitive Biography'
- Ignatius Press to release Pope Francis’ first Apostolic Exhortation
- Steve Ray Conference December 14,2013 in Brighton, MI
- A trip to another planet shatters assumptions
- Christian Doctors Providing Relief Work to the Philippines
- Production of Catholic cartoon about Saint Kateri Tekakwitha
- Youth to Assemble 100,000 Meals for Africa at National Catholic Youth Conference.
- Contraception and Catholicism: What the Church Teaches and Why