Family Event for Premiere of FBI Girl, based on Irish-Catholic Memoir
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Pittsburgh, PA, MAY 18, 2007 - Barnes & Noble Bookstores in Monroeville, PA will hold a special family event to benefit the Down Syndrome Center of Western PA on Sat., May 26th from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. The event is being held in conjunction with the premiere of FBI Girl: How I Learned to Crack My Father’s Code by The REP, Point Park University’s professional theatre company.
The May 26th festivities will include a special performance of a song written for the play’s premiere. The public can participate in games for all ages—including a mystery book scavenger hunt—and pick up special vouchers at Barnes & Noble to present when making purchases that will benefit the Down Syndrome Center at Children’s Hospital. The author will be available to sign copies of the book FBI Girl during the special event hours. Vouchers will be available during all store hours on May 26th.
The play FBI Girl is based upon a memoir by Maura Conlon-McIvor about her Irish-Catholic family mostly held together by commitment to her brother Joey, born with Down syndrome. The production runs from May 23 - June 10, 2007, at the Pittsburgh Playhouse in Oakland. Evening shows are at 8 p.m. Wednesdays through Saturdays, and Sunday matinees are at 2 p.m. Tickets are $18 - $22.
For more information about events and to order tickets, visit www.pittsburghplayhouse.com or call the box office 412-621-4445. On Saturday evening, May 26 join the author and Dr. William Cohen, Director of the Down Syndrome Center after the performance for a post-show discussion.
Point Park University
http://www.pittsburghplayhouse.com PA, US
Colleen Derda - marketing, 412 241-5225
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- RENEW International Staff to Attend International Meeting Pastoral Project of “Evangelii Gaudium” a
- Little Sisters of the Poor to Receive Franciscan University's Poverello Medal
- Is Pope Francis for real?
- 18th Annual Carnival at St. Ann’s Parish
- The CatholicTV Network to Broadcast Blue Mass for Public Safety Personnel with Cardinal Seán O'Malle
- Back-to-School Blog Tour Highlights Catholic Children’s Literature
- New York, NY: Sat Sep 27th NYC Catholic Professionals Mass & Social
- Celebrate Christmas in Harvard Square
- Divine Mercy Saint Drama Comes to Williamsburg, Virginia
- America's First-Pro-Life Half Marathon/5K Set for Nov. 9