Franciscan Plans Pilgrimage to Poland for World Youth Day 2016
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
STEUBENVILLE, OH (March 28, 2014) - Franciscan University of Steubenville is organizing a pilgrimage to Krakow, Poland, for World Youth Day 2016.
Scheduled for July 25-August 1, 2016, the pilgrimage will begin in Austria and include stops in Vienna, Salzburg, and Munich. In Poland, pilgrims will participate in the full slate of World Youth Day festivities scheduled for the end of July 2016, and visit Wadowice, the birthplace of Blessed John Paul II, as well as the Divine Mercy Shrine. Pilgrims will also visit Auschwitz and Czestochowa.
Father David Pivonka, TOR, will serve as spiritual director for the pilgrimage. A popular speaker, preacher, and author, Father Pivonka directs Franciscan Pathways, an evangelistic and preaching outreach of the Franciscan Third Order Regular.
"World Youth Day offers a wonderful opportunity to connect with fellow Catholics throughout the world," Father Pivonka said. "What a blessing to have World Youth Day in the native land of Pope John Paul II, the founder of World Youth Day."
Registration is limited to 150 pilgrims. For more information, contact Kelli Beatty in the Pilgrimages Office at email@example.com or at 1-800-437-8368.
Franciscan University of Steubenville
http://franciscan.edu OH, 43952 US
Tom Sofio - Associate Director of Public Relations,
Franciscan University of Steubenville, pilgrimage, World Youth Day
Catholic Schools & Religious Education
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- CONOR GALLAGHER NAMED PUBLISHER OF TAN BOOKS AND SAINT BENEDICT PRESS
- Thérèse Drama Surprises Audiences
- Catholic Press Association Honors Liguori
- Crosier Order elects master general and councilors
- Indie Catholic Authors June Ebook Sale Offers the Faithful 17 Books Outside the Mainstream
- World Library Publications Honored With Three Paul Revere Awards
- Limitless Love in Action: First Steubenville Youth Conference Inspires Teens to Bring the Fire Home
- Franciscan University of Steubenville Athletic Director Enshrined in Sports Faith Hall of Fame
- AWARD-WINNING CATHOLIC AUTHORS TEAM-UP TO PROMOTE HEALING THROUGH FORGIVENESS
- NY CONCERT FOR NEPAL 5/31