Franciscan Plans Pilgrimage to Poland for World Youth Day 2016
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
STEUBENVILLE, OH (March 28, 2014) - Franciscan University of Steubenville is organizing a pilgrimage to Krakow, Poland, for World Youth Day 2016.
Scheduled for July 25-August 1, 2016, the pilgrimage will begin in Austria and include stops in Vienna, Salzburg, and Munich. In Poland, pilgrims will participate in the full slate of World Youth Day festivities scheduled for the end of July 2016, and visit Wadowice, the birthplace of Blessed John Paul II, as well as the Divine Mercy Shrine. Pilgrims will also visit Auschwitz and Czestochowa.
Father David Pivonka, TOR, will serve as spiritual director for the pilgrimage. A popular speaker, preacher, and author, Father Pivonka directs Franciscan Pathways, an evangelistic and preaching outreach of the Franciscan Third Order Regular.
"World Youth Day offers a wonderful opportunity to connect with fellow Catholics throughout the world," Father Pivonka said. "What a blessing to have World Youth Day in the native land of Pope John Paul II, the founder of World Youth Day."
Registration is limited to 150 pilgrims. For more information, contact Kelli Beatty in the Pilgrimages Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 1-800-437-8368.
Franciscan University of Steubenville
http://franciscan.edu OH, 43952 US
Tom Sofio - Associate Director of Public Relations,
Franciscan University of Steubenville, pilgrimage, World Youth Day
Catholic Schools & Religious Education
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Who's responsible for designing the designer?
- Thu, Jun 11, 2015- Mass & Healing Service with Fr. Bill Adams at Our Lady of Grace Catholic Church
- Your search for true happiness is over
- ValLimar Jansen's latest album "a soulful experience"
- Uncovering the roots (and branches) of the greatest revolution in the American Catholic Church
- NYC May 8, 2015 Spring Fling Catholic Singles Mingle Fundraiser
- Thank A Nun Day
- #TweetingwGod dares young people to believe
- Experience Beloved: Finding happiness in marriage
- Archbishop Aquila, Dr. Edward Sri and other experts to participate in 'Beloved' telepress conference