Akerman-Teixeira Duo Featured at Gaudium Musicae
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CHARLOTTE, NC (March 3, 2014) - St. Ann Catholic Church is pleased to announce the next concert in the fourth season of Gaudium Musicae to be held on Sunday, March 30, 2014, featuring the Akerman-Teixeira classical guitar duo. Mary Akerman, winner of the Guitar Foundation of America’s international competition will join fellow performer, recording artist, arranger and instructor, Robert Teixeira, to perform works from Spain to France, the Americas and more. The concert will start at 4:00 p.m. in St. Ann Catholic Church, 3635 Park Road, Charlotte, NC 28209. There will be a reception following the concert at which listeners may meet the performers.
Final concert will be held on Sunday, May 18, 2014 at 4:00 p.m. featuring award-winning barbershop quartet, Let’s Sing!
The Gaudium Musicae series is designed to support exceptional, primarily local musicians by providing an acoustically excellent, intimate venue for performance and to present diverse programming.
Single concert tickets are $30 for families, $12 for adults, $8 for students and children 12 years old or under are free. Tickets can be purchased online at www.StAnnCharlotte.org, after Masses in the St. Ann’s parish office or at the door. Sponsorships are available for each of the concerts. Contact the parish office at 704-523-4641 ext. 221 for information on tax-deductible contributions and sponsorships.
For more than 50 years St. Ann Catholic Church has been a beacon of faith in the Charlotte community. Parishioners endeavor to support one another as we grow together in faith and holiness. We offer the ordinary and extraordinary (Latin) forms of Mass and strive to reconnect with the rich heritage of the Catholic Church by regularly using Gregorian chant, polyphony and other historically significant music.
http://www.StAnnCharlotte.org NC, 28209 US
St. Ann Catholic Church - , 704-523-4641
Gaudium Musicae, classical guitar
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- What if we told you Aquinas wasn’t all about philosophy?
- Meet the Woman Who Inspired Ludovico of Casoria, the Church's Newest Saint for the Poor
- Celebrating the Return of a Timeless Classic: The Beloved Queen of Apostles Prayer Book
- “JOY TO THE WORLD” THE 2014 DAUGHTERS OF ST. PAUL CHRISTMAS CONCERT SERIES TOUR BEGINS DECEMBER 3
- Forty Catholic dioceses in effective schism?
- Meet a Medieval Pro-life Saint: Elizabeth of Hungary
- My Battle Against Hitler Blog Book Tour
- Hildebrand and the Third Reich
- Pray the rosary with your Sisters
- Something Other Than God nominated for Best Memoir & Autobiography in Goodreads 2014 Choice Awards