Walsh University Hosts Bible Study Focused on Major Hebrew Themes
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
NORTH CANTON, OH (February 21, 2014) - Rabbi John Spitzer will present an interpretive Bible study series, known as Midrash, as part of the Walsh University Lifelong Learning Academy. Four interactive sessions will explore several major Hebrew Bible themes from Genesis and Exodus in the Old Testament. Participants are encouraged to bring their own Bible to each session, which are open and free to the public. Sessions will be held March 13, March 20, March 27 and April 3 from 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. in the Barrette Business and Community Center on the Walsh University campus, 2020 East Maple Street, North Canton, Parking adjacent to the Center is free.
Sessions are eligible for credit in the Walsh University Lifelong Learning Academy. Programs in the Walsh University Lifelong Learning Academy are recognized by the Dioceses of Youngstown and Cleveland for religious education credit.
March 13 What is Midrash?
March 20 Creation and Destruction
Genesis 1:1 - 2:24, Genesis 2:25 – 3:24, Genesis 6:1- 8:22
March 27 Redemption and Exile
Exodus 1:1 – 12:51
April 3 Revelation
Genesis 28:10-22; 32:23 – 33; Exodus 20
For more information call 330-244-4734 or email email@example.com
Walsh University is an independent, coeducational Catholic liberal arts and sciences institution that promotes academic excellence and diversity and provides close faculty-student interaction. It is dedicated to teaching its more than 3,000 students from 15 states and 31 countries to become leaders in service to others through a values-based education with an international perspective in the Judeo-Christian tradition.
http:// OH, 44720 US
Kelly A Campbell - Director of University Relations, 330.490.7296
Walsh University Midrash, Hebrew
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Role of Beauty Examined at 'Power of Beauty' Conference
- Franciscan University of Steubenville Named a 2015 'Best Value' by Kiplinger's Personal Finance
- Franciscan University Faith Households Celebrate 40 Years
- Tolkien’s Christmas wish: limited government and a good movie?
- New Album Time Stands Still, Debuts with U.S. Tour
- What if we told you Aquinas wasn’t all about philosophy?
- Meet the Woman Who Inspired Ludovico of Casoria, the Church's Newest Saint for the Poor
- Celebrating the Return of a Timeless Classic: The Beloved Queen of Apostles Prayer Book
- “JOY TO THE WORLD” THE 2014 DAUGHTERS OF ST. PAUL CHRISTMAS CONCERT SERIES TOUR BEGINS DECEMBER 3
- Forty Catholic dioceses in effective schism?