Lent at Ephesus debuts at No. 1 on Billboard’s Classical Overall Music Chart
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For More Information:
Kevin Wandra, 404-788-1276
Sisters’ third album rules the charts across all musical genres
ATLANTA, GA (February 20, 2014) – LENT AT EPHESUS from the Benedictines of Mary, Queen of Apostles debuted at No. 1 on Billboard magazine’s Classical Overall Music Chart and Classical Traditional Music Chart this week. The album also earned the No. 49 spot on Billboard’s Top 200 Chart, the No. 2 spot on the Contemporary Christian Chart and the No. 3 spot on the Christian Gospel and Internet charts.
The Benedictines of Mary, Queen of Apostles bested albums from prominent classical music articles such as Andrea Bocelli, the Piano Guys and Il Divo, among others.
The Sisters’ second album, ANGELS AND SAINTS AT EPHESUS, skyrocketed back up the Billboard charts, earning the No. 4 spot on the Classical Overall Chart, the No. 23 spot on the Contemporary Christian and Christian Gospel charts, and the No. 35 spot on the Internet chart.
“We are amazed and humbled by the undeniable role of Divine Providence in the success story behind the ethereal music from the monastic Benedictines of Mary,” said Monica Fitzgibbons, co-founder of De Montfort Music. “Even more remarkable is the sentiment which resounds throughout their faithful life which is this: It is wonderful to do great things for God but even more wonderful to be something great for God. We congratulate the Sisters on their collective FIAT and extend our gratitude to all who have made possible this uplifting chart-topping success!”
LENT AT EPHESUS is a stunning compilation of poignant chants, elaborate harmonies and inspiring hymns of glory and redemption produced by Grammy Award-winning classical producer Blanton Alspaugh.
Founded in 1995, The Benedictines of Mary, Queen of Apostles are a young, monastic order of Sisters. The Sisters sing together eight times a day as they chant the Divine Office in Latin.
Please contact Kevin Wandra (404-788-1276, or KWandra@CarmelCommunications.com) of Carmel Communications for more information or to schedule interviews. For more information about the album, please contact: Monica@DeMontfortMusic.com.
http://www.demontfortmusic.com/ GA, 30075 US
Kevin Wandra - ,
Benedictines of Mary, Queen of Apostles, De Montfort Music, sacred music, Lent at Ephesus, Lent
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Holy Spirit Catholic School Open House
- 100+ Priests & Deacons Gather in Rome for International Conference Confraternities of Catholic Clerg
- Honor y Gloria a Él Inspires with Songs of Hope and Adoration
- Catholic Clergy issue Joint Statement on Marriage
- March for Life 2015; Franciscan University Students Prepare the Celebrate 'Every Gift Is a Gift'
- Sacred Psalm Texts and Latin Rhythm Combine In New Bilingual Album
- Dr. Janet Smith the Present Catholic Teaching on Reproductive Technologies
- Concert Features Music and Verse from the Middle Ages to Today
- Role of Beauty Examined at 'Power of Beauty' Conference
- Franciscan University of Steubenville Named a 2015 'Best Value' by Kiplinger's Personal Finance