St. Ann Concert to Feature Piedmont Baroque Consortium
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CHARLOTTE, NC (December 20, 20130 - St. Ann Catholic Church is pleased to announce the next concert in the fourth season of Gaudium Musicae to be held on Friday, January 17, 2014. The featured performance is by the Piedmont Baroque Consortium. This newly-formed consortium is a collective effort by four independent ensembles to bring together the best possible baroque musicians from throughout the North Carolina Piedmont.
They will present an evening of Baroque music for full chorus, orchestra and soloists, including works by Bach and Muffat and a modern-day premiere performance of two works by Antonio Lotti, unheard for 200 years and to be recorded by the consortium for the first time in history, for international release. The concert will start at 7:00 p.m. in St. Ann Catholic Church, 3635 Park Road, Charlotte, NC 28209. There will be a reception following the concert at which listeners may meet the performers.
The Gaudium Musicae series is designed to support exceptional, primarily local musicians by providing an acoustically excellent, intimate venue for performance and to present diverse programming.
Single concert tickets are $30 for families, $12 for adults, $8 for students and children 12 years old or under are free. Tickets can be purchased online at www.StAnnCharlotte.org, after Masses in the St. Ann's parish office or at the door. Sponsorships are available for each of the concerts. Contact the parish office at 704-523-4641 ext. 221 for information on tax-deductible contributions and sponsorships.
For more than 50 years St. Ann Catholic Church has been a beacon of faith in the Charlotte community. Parishioners endeavor to support one another as we grow together in faith and holiness. We offer the ordinary and extraordinary (Latin) forms of Mass and strive to reconnect with the rich heritage of the Catholic Church by regularly using Gregorian chant, polyphony and other historically significant music.
http://www.StAnnCharlotte.org NC, 28209 US
St. Ann Catholic Church - , 704-523-4641
music,gaudium musicae,concert,baroque,St Ann Catholic Church
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- When Pope Francis Arrives in North America, There is Only One Network to Watch: EWTN Global Catholic
- The Synod on the Family: Addressing the Instrumentum Laboris
- GHIRELLI'S WORLD MEETING OF FAMILIES ROSARIES NOW AVAILABLE
- OCP Artist, Pedro Rubalcava, Writes Song for Pope Francis' Visit
- Pre-Synod Conference unites Cardinals and men and women living with homosexual tendencies
- The Rigging of a Vatican Synod
- 17 Cardinals and Counting
- 19th Annual Carnival Announced for St. Ann's Parish
- OCP Pledges to Support the V Encuentro
- The John Paul II International Film Festival Marks Its Five-Year Anniversary