Philadelphia's First Catholic Women's Conference to be held this December
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
PHILADELPHIA, PA (November 13, 2013) – The Archdiocese of Philadelphia and Endow (Educating on the Nature and Dignity of Women) are pleased to announce the first-ever Catholic Women’s Conference to be held on Saturday, December 7 in Philadelphia, PA. The conference, titled: The Feminine Genius: Every Woman’s Gift will take place at the Pennsylvania Convention Center and welcome more than 500 women—married, single, and consecrated—from the Greater Philadelphia region.
This conference is the initiative of Catholic women from various parishes in Philadelphia and will be co-hosted by the Archdiocese of Philadelphia and Endow. The conference will welcome 10 nationally-renowned speakers, including Jeanette De Melo, editor-in-chief for the National Catholic Register, who will address the Catholic perspectives on current news and issues affecting women.
The day will begin with Mass celebrated by Archbishop Chaput, who affirms the significance of this gathering: “The Catholic Women’s Conference opens a door to the most beautiful kind of renewal, the kind that comes from an authentic feminine leadership in the family, in the community, in business, in education, and in public life. I wholeheartedly support this event.”
The conference will take place from 8:30am-4:00pm and also include a Youth and Spanish track. Discounts for groups (10 or more) and high school youth are available. To learn more or to register for this event visit www.catholicwomensconference.org.
Interviews with conference speakers are available upon request.
Philadelphia Catholic Women's Conference
http://www.catholicwomensconference.org PA, 19087 US
Melissa Squarcia Fordyce - Communications Coordinator,
women, catholic, conference, Philadelphia, feminine genius
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Meet the enemy of big government: J.R.R. Tolkien
- Enter the world of beatniks, hippies … and singing monks?
- Pontiff and Prophet: Pope Paul VI predictions in On Human Life ring true throughout the world
- George Weigel on Evangelical Catholicism in Catholic Universities
- Frankfurt Book Fair 2014
- ‘Christmas in Harvard Square’ wows with impressive debut on Billboard charts
- Pontifical Low Mass (DVD & Booklet)
- Horrific tragedy inspires Catholic entrepreneur to create powerful novel
- Cardinal Raymond Burke: Synod’s mid-term report ‘lacks a solid foundation in the Sacred Scriptures'
- Little Sisters of the Poor Receive Franciscan University’s Poverello Medal