Philadelphia's First Catholic Women's Conference to be held this December
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
PHILADELPHIA, PA (November 13, 2013) – The Archdiocese of Philadelphia and Endow (Educating on the Nature and Dignity of Women) are pleased to announce the first-ever Catholic Women’s Conference to be held on Saturday, December 7 in Philadelphia, PA. The conference, titled: The Feminine Genius: Every Woman’s Gift will take place at the Pennsylvania Convention Center and welcome more than 500 women—married, single, and consecrated—from the Greater Philadelphia region.
This conference is the initiative of Catholic women from various parishes in Philadelphia and will be co-hosted by the Archdiocese of Philadelphia and Endow. The conference will welcome 10 nationally-renowned speakers, including Jeanette De Melo, editor-in-chief for the National Catholic Register, who will address the Catholic perspectives on current news and issues affecting women.
The day will begin with Mass celebrated by Archbishop Chaput, who affirms the significance of this gathering: “The Catholic Women’s Conference opens a door to the most beautiful kind of renewal, the kind that comes from an authentic feminine leadership in the family, in the community, in business, in education, and in public life. I wholeheartedly support this event.”
The conference will take place from 8:30am-4:00pm and also include a Youth and Spanish track. Discounts for groups (10 or more) and high school youth are available. To learn more or to register for this event visit www.catholicwomensconference.org.
Interviews with conference speakers are available upon request.
Philadelphia Catholic Women's Conference
http://www.catholicwomensconference.org PA, 19087 US
Melissa Squarcia Fordyce - Communications Coordinator,
women, catholic, conference, Philadelphia, feminine genius
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- What if we told you Aquinas wasn’t all about philosophy?
- Meet the Woman Who Inspired Ludovico of Casoria, the Church's Newest Saint for the Poor
- Celebrating the Return of a Timeless Classic: The Beloved Queen of Apostles Prayer Book
- “JOY TO THE WORLD” THE 2014 DAUGHTERS OF ST. PAUL CHRISTMAS CONCERT SERIES TOUR BEGINS DECEMBER 3
- Forty Catholic dioceses in effective schism?
- Meet a Medieval Pro-life Saint: Elizabeth of Hungary
- My Battle Against Hitler Blog Book Tour
- Hildebrand and the Third Reich
- Pray the rosary with your Sisters
- Something Other Than God nominated for Best Memoir & Autobiography in Goodreads 2014 Choice Awards