Full Enrollment, Top-Tier Ranking Mark Start of Academic Year at Franciscan University
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
STEUBENVILLE, OH (October 8, 2013) - With 1,989 full-time undergraduate students enrolled for the fall 2013 semester, Franciscan University of Steubenville achieved full enrollment for the 13th consecutive year. Total enrollment, including graduate, part-time, and online students is 2,733.
A total of 639 new full-time undergraduate students began their studies at Franciscan University this semester, including a record 458 first-time freshmen. The average ACT score of 25.7 for freshmen is more than 20 percent above the national average.
Also for the 13th consecutive year, Franciscan University received a top tier ranking in the U.S. News & World Report's edition of Best Colleges 2014. Franciscan ranked seventh-highest out of 159 Top-Tier Midwest Universities for its Average Freshman Retention Rate, and was tied for first at 87 percent for the best six-year graduation rate in the Midwest. These rankings indicate that once students enroll at Franciscan, they find that it meets their expectations as an academically excellent and passionately Catholic university.
The percentage of freshmen in the top 25 percent of their high school class, 77 percent, tied for second place among all Top Tier Midwest Universities.
"While these facts and figures are impressive, they represent only a snapshot of who our students are," said Father Sean O. Sheridan, TOR, president of Franciscan University. "In my first year as president, it has been an honor to meet our new and returning students. From my encounters with them, I can tell they have an earnest desire to learn and to grow as young men and women of God."
Other notable facts about the incoming class: The top 10 states for new students are Ohio, California, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Texas, Illinois, Maryland, Michigan, New York, and Indiana, which illustrates the geographic diversity of the entire student body, which is comprised of students from all 50 states, and this year, 16 foreign countries.
The top majors for the new students are theology, business, nursing, communication arts, catechetics, education, biology, and psychology.
Franciscan University of Steubenville
http://franciscan.edu OH, 43952 US
Tom Sofio - Associate Director of Public Relations,
Franciscan University of Steubenville, Top-Tier Ranking, Full Enrollment
Catholic Schools & Religious Education
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Crosier Order elects master general and councilors
- Indie Catholic Authors June Ebook Sale Offers the Faithful 17 Books Outside the Mainstream
- World Library Publications Honored With Three Paul Revere Awards
- Limitless Love in Action: First Steubenville Youth Conference Inspires Teens to Bring the Fire Home
- Franciscan University of Steubenville Athletic Director Enshrined in Sports Faith Hall of Fame
- AWARD-WINNING CATHOLIC AUTHORS TEAM-UP TO PROMOTE HEALING THROUGH FORGIVENESS
- NY CONCERT FOR NEPAL 5/31
- Who's responsible for designing the designer?
- Thu, Jun 11, 2015- Mass & Healing Service with Fr. Bill Adams at Our Lady of Grace Catholic Church
- Your search for true happiness is over