The CatholicTV Network to air Installation of Bishop Frank Caggiano
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
WATERTOWN, MA (October 3, 2013) – On Thursday, September 19, 2013 the CatholicTV Network will air the Installation of Bishop Frank Caggiano, Auxiliary Bishop of the Diocese of Brooklyn, NY, as the Fifth Bishop of the Diocese of Bridgeport at St. Theresa in Trumbull, Connecticut.
The Installation will air live on the CatholicTV Network at 1:30PM ET, and will rebroadcast at 8PM. More information about the Diocese of Bridgeport can be found at www.bridgeportdiocese.com. The Bridgeport Diocese encompasses all of Fairfield County and includes more than 400,000 Roman Catholics. It celebrated its 60th anniversary last month.
Auxiliary Bishop Frank Caggiano studied at Cathedral College, Douglaston, and Immaculate Conception Seminary, in Huntington, Long Island. He was ordained to the priesthood by Bishop Francis J. Mugavero May 16, 1987. After ordination, he served in two Brooklyn parishes—St. Agatha’s in Bay Ridge and St. Athanasius in Bensonhurst—before beginning five years of graduate studies in sacred theology at the Pontifical Gregorian University in Rome in l991.
After an appointment as director of the Permanent Diaconate Office in 2002, he was named by Bishop Nicholas DiMarzio in 2004 to serve as Vicar for Evangelization and Pastoral Life, which includes the Diaconate Formation Office, the Ecumenical and Interfaith Commission, the Liturgy Office, the Pastoral Institute, the Office of Faith Formation, the Pastoral Planning Office, the SS. Peter and Paul Spirituality Center and the San Vincente de Paul Centro de Evangelizacion.
He was named a Papal Chaplain by Pope John Paul II in 2003. Bishop Caggiano has written for two Catholic newspapers: seven scripture columns for The Tablet and nine articles on theological and spiritual issues for the Hartford Transcript. His doctoral dissertation, “The Eschatological Implications of the Notion of Recreation in the Works of St. Cyril of Alexandria,” and “The Exaltation of Christ: The Meaning of ‘At the Right Hand’ in the New Testament,” were published by Gregorian University.
The Installation will air on CatholicTV and www.CatholicTV.com on September 19, 2013.
About the CatholicTV Network:
Founded in 1955, CatholicTV Network is a national broadcast television network streaming a live feed 24 hours a day at CatholicTV.com. Heeding Pope Benedict XVI's call to greater utilize the power of television and new media, the CatholicTV Network features its cable TV station, Catholic web site, mobile apps and widget. Celebrate Mass online; pray The Rosary; enjoy programs on prayer, the saints, the Scriptures and the Catholic Church on America's Catholic Television Network.
Public Relations Coordinator
The CatholicTV Network
http://www.CatholicTV.com MA, 02471 US
Shannon Muldoon - Public Relations Coordinator,
Bishop, Catholic, TV, Connecticut
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Religious Educators Learn How to Keep Christ at the Heart of the New Evangelization
- Fifth Centenary Celebration Unifies Faithful through Spirituality, Technology and Music
- Media Advisory: Messenger of the Truth documentary to air in Los Angeles and Santa Barbara
- Provocative music-driven love story to contend in year of faith films
- Youth Conference Brings Teens 'Face to Face' With God
- The CatholicTV Network Honors National NFP Awareness Week
- Leading Catholic Church law judge and bishops support Catholics faithful to spouses after divorce
- Habitat for Humanity of Greater L.A. Announces Catholic Coalition Partnership, Inaugural Build Event
- Liguori Publications Buys Franciscan Media’s Parish Resources
- Pauline Books & Media 2014 CPA Awards