Franciscan University Vocation Awareness Fair Spotlights Diocesan and Religious Orders
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
STEUBENVILLE, OH (September 25, 2013) - The annual Religious Vocations Awareness Day at Franciscan University of Steubenville will take place October 18, from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. in Finnegan Fieldhouse.
More than 75 religious communities and dioceses from around the United States will be represented—with hundreds of students and visitors expected to participate—making it one of the largest vocation fairs in the country.
“The Vocation Awareness Fair is part of Franciscan’s ongoing commitment to the renewal in the Church today,” said Father Shawn Roberson, TOR, director of the University’s Priestly Discernment Program. “It gives our students a time to meet religious communities and dioceses so to see the different aspects of the consecrated and ordained life and how that might correspond to their own lives.”
The public is also encouraged to attend to learn more about vocations to religious life. Religious orders represented include Franciscan, Carmelite, Dominican, and Benedictine. Dioceses represented include Arlington, Pittsburgh, and Bridgeport, CT, as well as the Archdiocese of Chicago and the Archdiocese for the Military Services.
The event is sponsored by the Priestly Discernment Program and Chapel Ministries. Mass will be offered in Christ the King Chapel at 12:05 p.m. and 4:45 p.m.
For more information, contact the Franciscan University Priestly Discernment Program at 740-284-6495 or email@example.com.
Franciscan University of Steubenville
http://www.franciscan.edu OH, 43952 US
Tom Sofio - Associate Director of Public Relations,
Franciscan University of Steubenville, Religious Vocations Awareness Day
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- RENEW International Staff to Attend International Meeting Pastoral Project of “Evangelii Gaudium” a
- Little Sisters of the Poor to Receive Franciscan University's Poverello Medal
- Is Pope Francis for real?
- 18th Annual Carnival at St. Ann’s Parish
- The CatholicTV Network to Broadcast Blue Mass for Public Safety Personnel with Cardinal Seán O'Malle
- Back-to-School Blog Tour Highlights Catholic Children’s Literature
- New York, NY: Sat Sep 27th NYC Catholic Professionals Mass & Social
- Celebrate Christmas in Harvard Square
- Divine Mercy Saint Drama Comes to Williamsburg, Virginia
- America's First-Pro-Life Half Marathon/5K Set for Nov. 9