What would you do with a year to live?
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For More Information:
Kevin Wandra, 404-788-1276 or
Author shares the intimate journey of his wife’s transition from life to death
ATLANTA, Sept. 24, 2013 – Chris and Angela Faddis were devout Christians with two young children, who trusted in the Lord and His plan for their family. But the married couple’s faith would receive an immense test on Easter Sunday 2011, when Angela was diagnosed with stage IV colon cancer. Angela died 17 months later, on Sept. 21, 2012, holding the hand of her heartbroken husband.
What is amazing about those 17 months is the public witness Angela provided. Her triumphs, joys, pains, and eventual death was all shared very openly with the online community that became known as “Support Angela Faddis” on Facebook. Nearly 7,000 people followed the daily updates of this young family’s test of faith. One year later, Chris Faddis chronicles the inspirational journey he shared with his wife during her battle with cancer in the new book, IT IS WELL: Life in the Storm, available now for preorder at www.itiswellbook.com.
Faddis hopes he and his wife’s story can inspire others to trust God in the good times and even in the midst of tragedy. While Angela lie in wait for death, she said: “I want the world to know that no matter what, they must trust in Jesus. Even when I could not say the words, I knew I had to trust in Jesus. I would ask Chris to say the words with me, ‘Jesus, I trust in You.’”
Knowing that his wife’s life and death touched so many thousands across the world, Faddis hopes his book will help others inspire, heal, encourage and evangelize through Angela’s witness of faithful trust and surrender. He is convinced that God is using Angela’s suffering, her faithful surrender and their family’s tragic joy to impact many.
“As you read this book you’ll encounter the often harsh reality of the Christian journey,” writes Catholic speaker and author Mark Hart in the foreword.” You’ll experience both the splintered, bloody crucifix of Good Friday and the shiny, radiant cross of Easter Sunday. Chris will invite you behind the closed doors into the intimate exchanges and heaven-sent moments that should call us all to stop and survey our own lives. Do we wake up counting our blessings or our problems? That difference makes all the difference, as Angela demonstrated through her constant fidelity to God.”
o request a review copy or to schedule an interview with Chris Faddis, please contact Kevin Wandra (404-788-1276 or KWandra@CarmelCommunications.com) of Carmel Communications.
http://www.itiswellbook.com GA, 30075 US
Kevin Wandra - ,
Chris Faddis, It is Well, Angela Faddis, cancer, Catholic, Mark Hart
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Franciscan University of Steubenville Named a 2015 'Best Value' by Kiplinger's Personal Finance
- Franciscan University Faith Households Celebrate 40 Years
- Tolkien’s Christmas wish: limited government and a good movie?
- New Album Time Stands Still, Debuts with U.S. Tour
- What if we told you Aquinas wasn’t all about philosophy?
- Meet the Woman Who Inspired Ludovico of Casoria, the Church's Newest Saint for the Poor
- Celebrating the Return of a Timeless Classic: The Beloved Queen of Apostles Prayer Book
- “JOY TO THE WORLD” THE 2014 DAUGHTERS OF ST. PAUL CHRISTMAS CONCERT SERIES TOUR BEGINS DECEMBER 3
- Forty Catholic dioceses in effective schism?
- Meet a Medieval Pro-life Saint: Elizabeth of Hungary