Walsh University Hires Rachel Hammel as Director of Grants and Sponsored Research
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
North Canton, OH (August 20, 2013) - Walsh University is pleased to announce that Rachel Hammel will serve as the Director of Grants and Sponsored Research. In addition to identifying grant opportunities, Hammel’s expertise will permit her to assist faculty and staff with all stages of proposal development. She will also conduct grant and sponsored research training with faculty and manage research compliance reporting.
Hammel brings to Walsh over 13 years of previous sponsored research experience from the University of Akron and Case Western Reserve University. Hammel served in central office pre-award research administration, departmental research administration and as a research assistant on a broad spectrum of grant funded research projects.
Currently working on a PhD in sociology from Case Western Reserve, Hammel has Masters degrees in both sociology and public administration. Hammel’s research interests include aging and life stages, inequality in health, sociology of the family, foster care adoptions, human rights, medical sociology, social policy, and research methods.
Hammel resides in Jackson Township with her husband and two children.
Walsh University is an independent, co-educational Catholic liberal arts and sciences institution that promotes academic excellence and diversity and provides close faculty-student interaction. It is dedicated to teaching its more than 3,000 students from 15 states and 24 countries to become leaders in service to others through a values-based education with an international perspective in the Judeo-Christian tradition.
http://http://www.walsh.edu/ OH, 44720 US
Kelly A Campbell - Director of University Relations, 330.490.7296
Walsh University, Catholic, Higher Education, College, Grants, Research
Catholic Schools & Religious Education
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- How would Bilbo vote?
- EWTN PREMIERE: New StoryTel Film Explores Soldiers of Christ in America
- Crosiers offer novena for protection against Ebola virus
- Meet the enemy of big government: J.R.R. Tolkien
- Enter the world of beatniks, hippies … and singing monks?
- Pontiff and Prophet: Pope Paul VI predictions in On Human Life ring true throughout the world
- George Weigel on Evangelical Catholicism in Catholic Universities
- Frankfurt Book Fair 2014
- ‘Christmas in Harvard Square’ wows with impressive debut on Billboard charts
- Pontifical Low Mass (DVD & Booklet)