Pauline Books & Media Publication Anna Mei, Blessing in Disguise Wins Catholic Arts & Letters Award
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
BOSTON, MA (August 8, 2013) - Pauline Books & Media is honored to announce that Anna Mei, Blessing in Disguise, the third book in the Anna Mei trilogy, has won a Catholic Arts & Letters Award (CALA) from the Catholic Writers Guild. The CALA is awarded to works of fiction which have fulfilled the Catholic Writers Guild Seal of Approval prerequisite guaranteeing the work displays sound Catholic doctrine and which have been deemed by judges as showcasing exemplary literary merit.
Anna Mei, Blessing in Disguise (Pauline Kids, 2011) was submitted for consideration in the children’s contemporary fiction award category. This last installment in the Anna Mei series of novels for ages 8–12 follows the life of Anna Mei Anderson—the girl at school who has a weird cartoon-sounding name, an adoptive family she doesn’t even remotely resemble, and an unknown birth mother somewhere back in China—as she begins seventh-grade and has to cope with an annoying “boy genius” from Beijing. Anna Mei, Cartoon Girl (Pauline Kids, 2010) and Anna Mei, Escape Artist (Pauline Kids, 2011) complete the trilogy.
The trophy for Anna Mei, Blessing in Disguise was presented at the 2013 Catholic Marketing Network (CMN) trade show in Somerset, New Jersey. A representative from the publishing house accepted the award on author Carol A. Grund’s behalf.
For press inquiries, please contact Ariana Tantillo, Marketing Associate & Copywriter, at 617-676-4490 ext. 4179 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pauline Books & Media is the publishing house of the Daughters of St. Paul, an international Congregation of women religious whose mission is evangelization through the means of social communication. They operate thirteen retail book centers in North America and a publishing and distribution facility in Boston, Massachusetts.
Pauline Books & Media
http:// MA, 02130 US
Ariana Tantillo - Marketing Associate, 617-676-4490 ext. 41
Anna Mei, Blessing in Disguise, Carol A. Grund, Pauline Kids, CALA, book award
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Thu, Sept 25, 2014 - Mass & Healing Service with Fr. Angelos Sebastian at Our Lady of Grace Catholic
- Employment Opportunities with the LA Archdiocese
- Marriage and Family at the Forefront of Social Science Conference
- New books and key experts available in time for October Synod on Marriage and Family
- Franciscan University Reacts to Latest HHS Mandate Ruling
- Former Polish Prime Minister to Speak on Legacy of St. John Paul II
- Divine Mercy Drama Comes to Washington, DC
- Gospel of Mark — Ready, Set, Go! - September 6, 2014
- Come to the Sisters of Providence Fall Discernment Weekend Oct. 31-Nov. 2, 2014
- New Book Helps Readers Trust God with St. Therese's Little Way