Pope Grants Plenary Indulgence for World Youth Day Participants
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
WATERTOWN, MA (July 18, 2013) Pope Francis has announced that all participants in the July celebration of World Youth Day in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil will be eligible for a plenary indulgence.
Plenary indulgences will also be granted to those who participate in the World Youth Day observances by television, radio, or internet connections. A partial indulgence will be granted to those who pray for the success of the WYD observances during the time of the events in Brazil, using the official WYD and invoking Our Lady of Aparecida, the Queen of Brazil.
In light of the extension of this indulgence to those who participate via media, please join the CatholicTV Network for coverage of this celebration.
The CatholicTV Network's World Youth 2013 Broadcast Schedule:
Monday, July 22: Pope Francis’ Arrival in Brazil LIVE 3 p.m. (rebroadcast 9 p.m.)
Tuesday, July 23: Opening Mass LIVE 5 p.m. (rebroadcast midnight)
Wednesday, July 24: Mass with Pope Francis at 12 p.m. (rebroadcast 8 p.m.)
Thursday, July 25: Papal Welcoming Ceremony LIVE 4:30 p.m. (rebroadcast midnight)
Friday, July 26: Angelus Domini LIVE 10:30 a.m.; Way of the Cross LIVE 4:30 p.m. (rebroadcast midnight)
Saturday, July 27: Prayer Vigil LIVE 7 p.m. (rebroadcast midnight)
Sunday, July 28: Closing Mass 11 a.m. (rebroadcast midnight); Pope's farewell 5:30 p.m. (rebroadcast 2 a.m. Monday)
All World Youth Day content can be found on The CatholicTV Network mobile apps. The mobile apps are available on iOS and Android devices worldwide. Content can be streamed live or watched on-demand free of charge. For more information on the mobile apps and how to download visit www.CarryYourFaith.com. In addition, all events, including exclusive web-only content will also be available at www.CatholicTV.com/WYD.
About The CatholicTV Network:
Founded in 1955, CatholicTV Network is a national broadcast television network streaming a live feed 24 hours a day at CatholicTV.com. Heeding Pope Benedict XVI's call to greater utilize the power of television and new media, the CatholicTV Network features its cable TV station, Catholic web site, mobile apps and widget. Celebrate Mass online; pray The Rosary; enjoy programs on prayer, the saints, the Scriptures and the Catholic Church on America's Catholic Television Network.
Public Relations Coordinator
The CatholicTV Network
http://www.CatholicTV.com MA, 02471 US
Shannon Muldoon - Public Relations Coordinator,
World Youth Day, Rio, Indulgence, Catholic
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Thu, Sept 25, 2014 - Mass & Healing Service with Fr. Angelos Sebastian at Our Lady of Grace Catholic
- Employment Opportunities with the LA Archdiocese
- Marriage and Family at the Forefront of Social Science Conference
- New books and key experts available in time for October Synod on Marriage and Family
- Franciscan University Reacts to Latest HHS Mandate Ruling
- Former Polish Prime Minister to Speak on Legacy of St. John Paul II
- Divine Mercy Drama Comes to Washington, DC
- Gospel of Mark — Ready, Set, Go! - September 6, 2014
- Come to the Sisters of Providence Fall Discernment Weekend Oct. 31-Nov. 2, 2014
- New Book Helps Readers Trust God with St. Therese's Little Way