Ignatius Press to release Pope Francis' first encyclical
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For More Information:
Kevin Wandra, 404-788-1276 or
'The Light of Faith' (Lumen Fidei) available soon in hardcover
SAN FRANCISCO, CA (July 4, 2013) - Faith is the source of light, of guidance for the Christian life. "We walk by faith, not by sight," wrote St Paul. In his highly anticipated first encyclical, The Light of Faith (Lumen Fidei), Pope Francis reflects on the meaning of faith, the beginning of God's gracious salvation and the means by which man encounters the living God through Jesus Christ in the Holy Spirit.
Ignatius Press is slated to release the encyclical as a high-quality, hardcover, deluxe edition in August, in time for the fall celebrations of the Year of Faith.
"Ignatius Press is honored and delighted to publish Pope Francis' first encyclical in a special hardcover edition and to get it before the reading public," said Ignatius Press President Mark Brumley. "This follows what we did with Pope Benedict's encyclicals and other works."
In The Light of Faith, Francis draws on key themes of his predecessor, Pope Benedict XVI, who wrote encyclicals on charity and hope. He intended to complete the set with a reflection on faith, which would also have underscored the Year of Faith that he launched. Benedict's history-making retirement meant he was unable to finish his encyclical. Francis took up the task, adding his own insights, themes and emphases to the work begun by Benedict XVI.
According to Francis, The Light of Faith is a "four-hand document." Pope Benedict, Francis notes, "handed it to me, it is a strong document. He did the great amount of work." Thus, although officially The Light of Faith (Lumen Fidei) is an encyclical of Francis' and reflects his teaching ministry, it is also reflects the work of Pope Emeritus Benedict. It's not only Francis' first encyclical; it is also among the few encyclicals openly acknowledged to have been written by two successors of St. Peter.
For more information, to request review copies or to schedule an interview with Ignatius Press President Mark Brumley, please contact Kevin Wandra (404-788-1276 or KWandra@CarmelCommunications.com) of Carmel Communications.
http://www.ignatius.com GA, 30075 US
Kevin Wandra - ,
Pope Francis, encyclical, The Light of Faith, Lumen Fidei, Ignatius Press
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- When Pope Francis Arrives in North America, There is Only One Network to Watch: EWTN Global Catholic
- The Synod on the Family: Addressing the Instrumentum Laboris
- GHIRELLI'S WORLD MEETING OF FAMILIES ROSARIES NOW AVAILABLE
- OCP Artist, Pedro Rubalcava, Writes Song for Pope Francis' Visit
- Pre-Synod Conference unites Cardinals and men and women living with homosexual tendencies
- The Rigging of a Vatican Synod
- 17 Cardinals and Counting
- 19th Annual Carnival Announced for St. Ann's Parish
- OCP Pledges to Support the V Encuentro
- The John Paul II International Film Festival Marks Its Five-Year Anniversary