Ignatius Press to release Pope Francis' first encyclical
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For More Information:
Kevin Wandra, 404-788-1276 or
'The Light of Faith' (Lumen Fidei) available soon in hardcover
SAN FRANCISCO, CA (July 4, 2013) - Faith is the source of light, of guidance for the Christian life. "We walk by faith, not by sight," wrote St Paul. In his highly anticipated first encyclical, The Light of Faith (Lumen Fidei), Pope Francis reflects on the meaning of faith, the beginning of God's gracious salvation and the means by which man encounters the living God through Jesus Christ in the Holy Spirit.
Ignatius Press is slated to release the encyclical as a high-quality, hardcover, deluxe edition in August, in time for the fall celebrations of the Year of Faith.
"Ignatius Press is honored and delighted to publish Pope Francis' first encyclical in a special hardcover edition and to get it before the reading public," said Ignatius Press President Mark Brumley. "This follows what we did with Pope Benedict's encyclicals and other works."
In The Light of Faith, Francis draws on key themes of his predecessor, Pope Benedict XVI, who wrote encyclicals on charity and hope. He intended to complete the set with a reflection on faith, which would also have underscored the Year of Faith that he launched. Benedict's history-making retirement meant he was unable to finish his encyclical. Francis took up the task, adding his own insights, themes and emphases to the work begun by Benedict XVI.
According to Francis, The Light of Faith is a "four-hand document." Pope Benedict, Francis notes, "handed it to me, it is a strong document. He did the great amount of work." Thus, although officially The Light of Faith (Lumen Fidei) is an encyclical of Francis' and reflects his teaching ministry, it is also reflects the work of Pope Emeritus Benedict. It's not only Francis' first encyclical; it is also among the few encyclicals openly acknowledged to have been written by two successors of St. Peter.
For more information, to request review copies or to schedule an interview with Ignatius Press President Mark Brumley, please contact Kevin Wandra (404-788-1276 or KWandra@CarmelCommunications.com) of Carmel Communications.
http://www.ignatius.com GA, 30075 US
Kevin Wandra - ,
Pope Francis, encyclical, The Light of Faith, Lumen Fidei, Ignatius Press
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Crosier Order elects master general and councilors
- Indie Catholic Authors June Ebook Sale Offers the Faithful 17 Books Outside the Mainstream
- World Library Publications Honored With Three Paul Revere Awards
- Limitless Love in Action: First Steubenville Youth Conference Inspires Teens to Bring the Fire Home
- Franciscan University of Steubenville Athletic Director Enshrined in Sports Faith Hall of Fame
- AWARD-WINNING CATHOLIC AUTHORS TEAM-UP TO PROMOTE HEALING THROUGH FORGIVENESS
- NY CONCERT FOR NEPAL 5/31
- Who's responsible for designing the designer?
- Thu, Jun 11, 2015- Mass & Healing Service with Fr. Bill Adams at Our Lady of Grace Catholic Church
- Your search for true happiness is over