The CatholicTV Network to Air Special Coverage during Fortnight for Freedom
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
WATERTOWN, MA (June 18, 2013) – The U.S. bishops have called for a Fortnight for Freedom, a two-week period of prayer and action to address many current challenges to religious liberty, including the August 1, 2013 deadline for religious organizations to comply with the HHS mandate, Supreme Court rulings that could attempt to redefine marriage in June, and religious liberty concerns in areas such as immigration and humanitarian services.
The CatholicTV Network will participate in the Fortnight for Freedom with special programming from June 21 to July 4, to rally support for the protection of religious freedom in the United States.
Fortnight for Freedom coverage will begin on the CatholicTV Network with the Opening Mass of the Fortnight for Freedom with Archbishop Lori at the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Baltimore. The Mass will air LIVE at 7PM ET on CatholicTV and www.CatholicTV.com. Immediately following the Mass, an exclusive interview will air with Archbishop Lori on ClearVoice™, the CatholicTV Network's news magazine show.
Throughout the two week period called for by the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops, Father Robert Reed, president of CatholicTV will offer a daily reflection on the theme of religious freedom in a series of Blinks. Father Reed also has prayed a special version of the Holy Rosary: "A Rosary for Our Nation". Visit www.CatholicTV.com/Freedom for on-demand viewing of these reflections and The Rosary.
Coverage will be available on CatholicTV and CatholicTV.com. Learn more about Fortnight for Freedom at: www.Fortnight4Freedom.org.
About the CatholicTV Network:
Founded in 1955, CatholicTV Network is a national broadcast television network streaming a live feed 24 hours a day at CatholicTV.com. Heeding Pope Benedict XVI's call to greater utilize the power of television and new media, the CatholicTV Network features its cable TV station, Catholic web site, mobile apps and widget. Celebrate Mass online; pray The Rosary; enjoy programs on prayer, the saints, the Scriptures and the Catholic Church on America's Catholic Television Network.
Public Relations Coordinator
The CatholicTV® Network
http://www.CatholicTV.com MA, 02471 US
Shannon Muldoon - Public Relations Coordinator,
Fortnight for Freedom, Catholic, Religious Freedom, Bishop, Rosary
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Pope Francis to Celebrate Bambinelli Sunday, December 15
- Celine Dion Moved to Tears Voicing Her Support for Mary’s Meals documentary, CHILD 31
- 'Francis: A Pope For Our Time, The Definitive Biography'
- Ignatius Press to release Pope Francis’ first Apostolic Exhortation
- Steve Ray Conference December 14,2013 in Brighton, MI
- A trip to another planet shatters assumptions
- Christian Doctors Providing Relief Work to the Philippines
- Production of Catholic cartoon about Saint Kateri Tekakwitha
- Youth to Assemble 100,000 Meals for Africa at National Catholic Youth Conference.
- Contraception and Catholicism: What the Church Teaches and Why