Remembering Fr. Kapaun and all our fallen heroes on Memorial Day
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For More Information:
Kevin Wandra, 404-788-1276 or
Fr. Kapaun and all those who died for our country honored for their brave service
ATLANTA, GA (May 21, 2013) – Families across the country will unite May 27 to celebrate Memorial Day, a day set aside for remembering all the courageous men and women who died while serving in the United States Armed Services.
Many of those who died valiantly in the line of duty were military chaplains. They served the spiritual needs, regardless of religious affiliation, of our men and women who fought for our country. Perhaps one of the best known military chaplains was Fr. Emil Kapaun.
Kapaun posthumously received the Medal of Honor from President Barack Obama last month, nearly 60 years after he heroically gave his life as a POW in the Korean War. The Vatican is also considering him a possible candidate for Sainthood.
His life, service and hero’s death is the subject of an incredible new book, THE MIRACLE OF FATHER KAPAUN, published by Ignatius Press. One of the most remarkable aspects of his story surrounds the atypical movement of support for both his sainthood cause and his Medal of Honor award. The witnesses to both his sanctity and his bravery have come from non-Catholics, men of Jewish faith, Muslim faith and Protestant tradition, who served with Fr. Kapaun in battle or in the brutality of conditions where he drew his last breath – a prisoner of war camp. They have spent years petitioning the Vatican to elevate him to Sainthood because of what they witnessed on the battlefield.
This is a true Memorial Day story, because through Father Emil Kapaun, we remember the lives of all those who have shown heroic virtue in serving our country through extraordinary sacrifice, bravery and courage.
To schedule interviews with the authors, or to receive a review copy, please contact Kevin Wandra (404-788-1276 or KWandra@CarmelCommunications.com) of Carmel Communications.
http://www.ignatius.com GA, 30075 US
Kevin Wandra - ,
Emil Kapaun, Medal of Honor, Catholic priest, Ignatius Press, Memorial Day
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- RENEW International Staff to Attend International Meeting Pastoral Project of “Evangelii Gaudium” a
- Little Sisters of the Poor to Receive Franciscan University's Poverello Medal
- Is Pope Francis for real?
- 18th Annual Carnival at St. Ann’s Parish
- The CatholicTV Network to Broadcast Blue Mass for Public Safety Personnel with Cardinal Seán O'Malle
- Back-to-School Blog Tour Highlights Catholic Children’s Literature
- New York, NY: Sat Sep 27th NYC Catholic Professionals Mass & Social
- Celebrate Christmas in Harvard Square
- Divine Mercy Saint Drama Comes to Williamsburg, Virginia
- America's First-Pro-Life Half Marathon/5K Set for Nov. 9