Remembering Fr. Kapaun and all our fallen heroes on Memorial Day
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For More Information:
Kevin Wandra, 404-788-1276 or
Fr. Kapaun and all those who died for our country honored for their brave service
ATLANTA, GA (May 21, 2013) – Families across the country will unite May 27 to celebrate Memorial Day, a day set aside for remembering all the courageous men and women who died while serving in the United States Armed Services.
Many of those who died valiantly in the line of duty were military chaplains. They served the spiritual needs, regardless of religious affiliation, of our men and women who fought for our country. Perhaps one of the best known military chaplains was Fr. Emil Kapaun.
Kapaun posthumously received the Medal of Honor from President Barack Obama last month, nearly 60 years after he heroically gave his life as a POW in the Korean War. The Vatican is also considering him a possible candidate for Sainthood.
His life, service and hero’s death is the subject of an incredible new book, THE MIRACLE OF FATHER KAPAUN, published by Ignatius Press. One of the most remarkable aspects of his story surrounds the atypical movement of support for both his sainthood cause and his Medal of Honor award. The witnesses to both his sanctity and his bravery have come from non-Catholics, men of Jewish faith, Muslim faith and Protestant tradition, who served with Fr. Kapaun in battle or in the brutality of conditions where he drew his last breath – a prisoner of war camp. They have spent years petitioning the Vatican to elevate him to Sainthood because of what they witnessed on the battlefield.
This is a true Memorial Day story, because through Father Emil Kapaun, we remember the lives of all those who have shown heroic virtue in serving our country through extraordinary sacrifice, bravery and courage.
To schedule interviews with the authors, or to receive a review copy, please contact Kevin Wandra (404-788-1276 or KWandra@CarmelCommunications.com) of Carmel Communications.
http://www.ignatius.com GA, 30075 US
Kevin Wandra - ,
Emil Kapaun, Medal of Honor, Catholic priest, Ignatius Press, Memorial Day
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Religious Educators Learn How to Keep Christ at the Heart of the New Evangelization
- Fifth Centenary Celebration Unifies Faithful through Spirituality, Technology and Music
- Media Advisory: Messenger of the Truth documentary to air in Los Angeles and Santa Barbara
- Provocative music-driven love story to contend in year of faith films
- Youth Conference Brings Teens 'Face to Face' With God
- The CatholicTV Network Honors National NFP Awareness Week
- Leading Catholic Church law judge and bishops support Catholics faithful to spouses after divorce
- Habitat for Humanity of Greater L.A. Announces Catholic Coalition Partnership, Inaugural Build Event
- Liguori Publications Buys Franciscan Media’s Parish Resources
- Pauline Books & Media 2014 CPA Awards