Mother Agnes Donovan, Superior General for the Sisters of Life, Delivering IPS Commencement Address
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Arlington, VA (May 8, 2013) – The Institute for the Psychological Sciences (IPS), is pleased to announce that Mother Agnes Mary Donovan, Superior General for the Sisters of Life, will be the commencement speaker at their twelfth graduation ceremony.
The graduation will be held Wednesday, May 22, 2013, at 2 p.m. in the Crypt Chapel at the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in Washington, DC. Mother Agnes will also receive an Honorary Degree of Doctor of Humane Letters.
“It is a great honor to have Mother Agnes address our graduates and guests at this year’s commencement ceremonies. Mother Agnes and the Sisters of Life are powerful, effective advocates for both reaching out to those wounded by abortion and protecting the sacredness of life. The IPS community applauds the critical work Mother and her community undertake, and the sheer joy and love in which they do so,” said IPS President Fr. Charles Sikorsky.
Mother Agnes, Superior General for the Sisters of Life for the past 15 years, has led the community since its founding. The order seeks to build a culture of life through the Eucharist and contemplative prayer, and its numerous, growing programs.
Prior to religious life Mother Agnes was a faculty member and professor of psychology at both Columbia University in New York City and The College of William and Mary in Williamsburg, Virginia. She is a licensed Clinical Psychologist and a certified School Psychologist in New York and Virginia.
Twenty-four students will be conferred Master’s in Clinical Psychology Degrees (M.S.) and 3 students will receive Doctorates in Clinical Psychology Degrees (Psy.D.). In addition, the recipients of the following awards will be announced: Student Services Leadership Award, Faculty Excellence Award and the President’s Service Award.
Institute for the Psychological Sciences
http://ipsciences.edu/ VA, 22202 US
Ellen Guarente - Asst. Dir. of Promotions, (703) 416-1441 x.116
graduation, commencement, speaker, religious, psychology, graduate school, degrees, prolife
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Religious Educators Learn How to Keep Christ at the Heart of the New Evangelization
- Fifth Centenary Celebration Unifies Faithful through Spirituality, Technology and Music
- Media Advisory: Messenger of the Truth documentary to air in Los Angeles and Santa Barbara
- Provocative music-driven love story to contend in year of faith films
- Youth Conference Brings Teens 'Face to Face' With God
- The CatholicTV Network Honors National NFP Awareness Week
- Leading Catholic Church law judge and bishops support Catholics faithful to spouses after divorce
- Habitat for Humanity of Greater L.A. Announces Catholic Coalition Partnership, Inaugural Build Event
- Liguori Publications Buys Franciscan Media’s Parish Resources
- Pauline Books & Media 2014 CPA Awards