Mother Agnes Donovan, Superior General for the Sisters of Life, Delivering IPS Commencement Address
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Arlington, VA (May 8, 2013) – The Institute for the Psychological Sciences (IPS), is pleased to announce that Mother Agnes Mary Donovan, Superior General for the Sisters of Life, will be the commencement speaker at their twelfth graduation ceremony.
The graduation will be held Wednesday, May 22, 2013, at 2 p.m. in the Crypt Chapel at the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in Washington, DC. Mother Agnes will also receive an Honorary Degree of Doctor of Humane Letters.
“It is a great honor to have Mother Agnes address our graduates and guests at this year’s commencement ceremonies. Mother Agnes and the Sisters of Life are powerful, effective advocates for both reaching out to those wounded by abortion and protecting the sacredness of life. The IPS community applauds the critical work Mother and her community undertake, and the sheer joy and love in which they do so,” said IPS President Fr. Charles Sikorsky.
Mother Agnes, Superior General for the Sisters of Life for the past 15 years, has led the community since its founding. The order seeks to build a culture of life through the Eucharist and contemplative prayer, and its numerous, growing programs.
Prior to religious life Mother Agnes was a faculty member and professor of psychology at both Columbia University in New York City and The College of William and Mary in Williamsburg, Virginia. She is a licensed Clinical Psychologist and a certified School Psychologist in New York and Virginia.
Twenty-four students will be conferred Master’s in Clinical Psychology Degrees (M.S.) and 3 students will receive Doctorates in Clinical Psychology Degrees (Psy.D.). In addition, the recipients of the following awards will be announced: Student Services Leadership Award, Faculty Excellence Award and the President’s Service Award.
Institute for the Psychological Sciences
http://ipsciences.edu/ VA, 22202 US
Ellen Guarente - Asst. Dir. of Promotions, (703) 416-1441 x.116
graduation, commencement, speaker, religious, psychology, graduate school, degrees, prolife
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Defending Traditional Marriage: Dr. Ryan Anderson Presents Marriage and the State
- Catawba River Baroque Featured at Gaudium Musicae
- DUFFY BOOK GIVES HOPE TO DIVORCED CATHOLICS
- Walsh University Hosts Third Annual Catholic Schools Photo Contest
- Internationally Published Author, Chris Benguhe Releases his Latest Book, The Best of A Better View.
- Power and Purpose Summer Conference
- Former Planned Parenthood employee is Redeemed by Grace
- The Third Edition of Clean of Heart is Now Available Through Createspace
- Thu, Mar 19, 2015- Mass & Healing Service with Fr. Charles Lueras, Our Lady of Grace Catholic Church
- Media Alert: Live Web Chat With Former Planned Parenthood Manager Ramona Treviño