From Hollywood to Holy Vows - The Nun Who Kissed Elvis
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For More Information:
Lisa Wheeler, 404-519-1987 or
Mother Dolores Hart's memoir available today
SAN FRANCISCO, CA (May 7, 2013) - Dolores Hart was a young, successful actress in Hollywood in the 1960s, with 10 highly successful movies to her credit. Then, she made a shocking decision: Hart left the glitz and glamour of Hollywood and entered a contemplative monastery.
Now, 50 years later, Mother Dolores steps back into the world to share the fascinating account of her life, in THE EAR OF THE HEART: An Actress' Journey from Hollywood to Holy Vows.
So, who was Dolores Hart? And what made this bright and beautiful Hollywood phenom, who beat out other young actresses to star opposite Elvis Presley in Paramount's 1957 Loving You, leave a promising, glamorous career for a hidden life?
For the first time, and after more than 50 years, we learn the full details of Dolores Hicks' complicated and colorful childhood growing up in Chicago, her meteoric rise to Hollywood fame as Dolores Hart, her five-year courtship with and engagement to Don Robinson, and her mystical journey toward God, serenity and, yes, love.
We learn that she entered the Abbey of Regina Laudis in Bethlehem, Connecticut, at the peak of her career, not in order to leave the glamorous world of acting she had dreamed of since childhood, but in order to answer a mysterious call she heard with the "ear of the heart." While contracted for another film and engaged to be married, she abandoned everything to become a bride of Christ. But what did that mean?
Take a sneak peek at the story here.
Friend and admirer, Maria Shriver, remarks on her memoir: "Mother Dolores Hart is a remarkable woman with a remarkable story - one of love, devotion and faith."
Beginning today, and for a brief time, Mother Dolores will step outside of the cloistered life of the Abbey of Regina Laudis to travel the country sharing her story. Visit the book website for more information on book signings, appearance and events.
To schedule an interview with Mother Dolores Hart, to invite her to speak at a book signing or other event, or to request a review copy for a media outlet, please contact Lisa Wheeler (770-591-0045) or LWheeler@CarmelCommunications.com) or Kevin Wandra (404-788-1276) or KWandra@CarmelCommunications.com) of Carmel Communications.
http://www.ignatius.com GA, 30075 US
Kevin Wandra - ,
Mother Dolores Hart, The Ear of the Heart, Abbey of Regina Laudis, Elvis, Hollywood, Ignatius Press
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- 19th Annual Carnival Announced for St. Ann's Parish
- OCP Pledges to Support the V Encuentro
- The John Paul II International Film Festival Marks Its Five-Year Anniversary
- Thu, Sept 24, 2015- Mass & Healing Service with Fr. Angelos Sebastian Our Lady of Grace Catholic Chu
- How do we live the truth in love when the culture says we're haters?
- Grief, Death, Eternal Life Explored in New Catholic Title by PBM
- Right Next to Disneyland: Theater Meets Faith
- OCP Parish Grant Program to Distribute $200,000 to U.S. Parishes
- Franciscan University Joins With UK School to Offer Online Master of Catechetics Degree
- CONOR GALLAGHER NAMED PUBLISHER OF TAN BOOKS AND SAINT BENEDICT PRESS