ON HEAVEN AND EARTH: POPE FRANCIS ON FAITH, FAMILY AND THE CHURCH IN THE 21ST CENTURY
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
New Pontiff Demonstrates Commitment to Interfaith Dialogue through Conversations with Jewish Rabbi
COLORADO SPRINGS, CO (April 19, 2013) - An interreligious dialogue between Pope Francis and a prominent Argentine rabbi will be published for the first time in English on April 19 by Image Books, the Catholic-interest imprint of Random House, Inc.’s Crown Publishing Group.
Written with Rabbi Abraham Skorka, Rector of the Latin American Rabbinical Seminary in Buenos Aires, Argentina, On Heaven and Earth: Pope Francis on Faith, Family and the Church in the 21st Century (April 19, 2013, Image) records seminal discussions from numerous hours of conversation between the two religious leaders.
An encapsulation of what the new pope believes, On Heaven and Earth addresses a variety of theological and worldly topics including God, fundamentalism, atheism, the Holocaust, abortion, homosexuality, euthanasia, same-sex marriage, and globalization.
“Dialogue is born from a respectful attitude toward the other person, from a conviction that the other person has something good to say,” writes then Cardinal Bergoglio in the introduction to the book. “It supposes that we can make room in our heart for their point of view, their opinion and their proposals.”
The book will be released simultaneously in print, digital, and audio formats in the U.S. and Canada. A Spanish-language edition titled Sobre el Cielo y la Terra will also be issued in North America by Vintage Espanol, also a Random House, Inc. imprint, in print and digital formats. A Spanish-language edition of the book with the same title was previously published in 2010 in Latin America and Spain by Random House Mondadori.
For more information, visit ImageCatholicBooks.com
Image Books/Random House
http://www.imagecatholicbooks.com/ CO, 80921 US
Katie Moore - Publicist, (719) 268-1936
On Heaven and Earth, Pope Francis, interreligious dialogue, Abraham Skorka, Jorge Mario Bergoglio
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Enter the world of beatniks, hippies … and singing monks?
- George Weigel on Evangelical Catholicism in Catholic Universities
- Frankfurt Book Fair 2014
- ‘Christmas in Harvard Square’ wows with impressive debut on Billboard charts
- Pontifical Low Mass (DVD & Booklet)
- Horrific tragedy inspires Catholic entrepreneur to create powerful novel
- Cardinal Raymond Burke: Synod’s mid-term report ‘lacks a solid foundation in the Sacred Scriptures'
- Little Sisters of the Poor Receive Franciscan University’s Poverello Medal
- Bring Mary of Nazareth home
- 'Encounter Milwaukee' to Reach Catholic Young Adults