Pauline Books & Media to Launch New Translation of Love and Responsibility at JP II Institute in DC
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
BOSTON, MA (April 16, 2013) - Pauline Books & Media will be hosting a book launch event at the Pontifical John Paul II Institute for Studies on Marriage and Family at the Catholic University of America in Washington, DC on Monday, April 22, 2013 to celebrate the release of the new translation of Love and Responsibility. The event, which is free and open to the public, will be held in Keane Auditorium, McGivney Hall from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Translator Gzregorz Ignatik, a PhD candidate in Theology at the Institute and a native Polish speaker, will briefly discuss the new translation. Containing extensive, helpful notes on language nuances, major concepts, and key terms, this masterful translation opens Wojtyla’s thought to an even wider audience in a time of continued relevance. Christopher West, author of Theology of the Body Explained, Research Fellow/Faculty Member at the Theology of the Body Institute and Founder of the Cor Project acclaims: “Ignatik’s fresh translation of Karol Wojtyla’s seminal work is a welcomed gift to all those involved in the ‘new evangelization.’”
Institute faculty members, Dr. David S. Crawford, Associate Professor of Moral Theology and Family Law, and Dr. David L. Schindler, Dean Emeritus and Gagnon Professor of Fundamental Theology, will also speak on the significance of Love and Responsibility. Following their presentations, a forum will open for audience members to ask questions. A reception and the opportunity to purchase the book and have it signed by the translator will conclude the book launch. For more information on the event, please visit http://www.johnpaulii.edu/events/view/love-and-responsibility or contact the Institute at 202-526-3799.
If you are interested in scheduling a radio interview with translator Gzregorz Ignatik, please contact publicist Holly Kalinski at 617-676-4490 ext. 4271 or email@example.com. To purchase Love and Responsibility, please call 800-876-4463.
Pauline Books & Media is the publishing house of the Daughters of St. Paul, an international Congregation of women religious whose mission is evangelization through the means of social communication. They operate thirteen retail book centers in North America and a publishing and distribution facility in Boston, Massachusetts.
Pauline Books & Media
http://www.paulinemedia.com MA, 02130 US
Ariana Tantillo - Marketing Associate, 617-676-4490 ext. 41
Love and Responsibility, Karol Wojtyla, John Paul II, Catholic University, book launch, Ignatik
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Fifth Centenary Celebration Unifies Faithful through Spirituality, Technology and Music
- Media Advisory: Messenger of the Truth documentary to air in Los Angeles and Santa Barbara
- Provocative music-driven love story to contend in year of faith films
- Youth Conference Brings Teens 'Face to Face' With God
- The CatholicTV Network Honors National NFP Awareness Week
- Leading Catholic Church law judge and bishops support Catholics faithful to spouses after divorce
- Habitat for Humanity of Greater L.A. Announces Catholic Coalition Partnership, Inaugural Build Event
- Liguori Publications Buys Franciscan Media’s Parish Resources
- Pauline Books & Media 2014 CPA Awards
- Free listing of church music job openings on Facebook