Concert Series Concludes with The Brubeck Project
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CHARLOTTE, NC (April 8, 2013) - St. Ann Catholic Church is pleased to announce the final concert in the third season of Gaudium Musicae to be held Sunday, May 5, 2013. The Brubeck Project features the jazz quartet of Ziad Rabia, Noel Friedline, Ron Brendle and Rick Dior on the saxophone, piano, bass and drums, performing the music of American Jazz icon, Dave Brubeck.
Their repertoire includes Brubeck standards as well as some of his less familiar treasures. The hour-long concert will start at 4:00pm in St. Ann Catholic Church, 3635 Park Road, Charlotte, NC 28209. A reception following the concert gives fellow listeners an opportunity to meet the performers.
Single concert tickets are $30 for families, $12 for adults, $8 for students and children 12 years old or under are free. Tickets can be purchased online at www.StAnnCharlotte.org, during business hours or after Masses in the St. Ann’s parish office or at the door. Sponsorships are available for each of the concerts. Please contact the parish office at 704-523-4641 ext. 221 for information.
For more than 50 years St. Ann Catholic Church has been a beacon of faith in the Charlotte community. Parishioners endeavor to support one another as we grow together in faith and holiness. We offer the ordinary and extraordinary (Latin) forms of Mass and strive to reconnect with the rich heritage of the Catholic Church by regularly utilizing Gregorian chant, polyphony and other historically significant music.
The Gaudium Musicae series is designed to support exceptional, primarily local musicians by providing an acoustically excellent, intimate venue for performance and to present diverse programming.
http://www.StAnnCharlotte.org NC, 28209 US
St. Ann Catholic Church - , 704-523-4641
music,gaudium musicae,concert,Brubeck,St Ann Catholic Church
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- RENEW International Staff to Attend International Meeting Pastoral Project of “Evangelii Gaudium” a
- Little Sisters of the Poor to Receive Franciscan University's Poverello Medal
- Is Pope Francis for real?
- 18th Annual Carnival at St. Ann’s Parish
- The CatholicTV Network to Broadcast Blue Mass for Public Safety Personnel with Cardinal Seán O'Malle
- Back-to-School Blog Tour Highlights Catholic Children’s Literature
- New York, NY: Sat Sep 27th NYC Catholic Professionals Mass & Social
- Celebrate Christmas in Harvard Square
- Divine Mercy Saint Drama Comes to Williamsburg, Virginia
- America's First-Pro-Life Half Marathon/5K Set for Nov. 9