Vatican insider to release the definitive biography on the Pope of a New World
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For More Information:
Lisa Wheeler, 770-591-0045
Kevin Wandra, 404-788-1276
Andrea Tornielli will release new book on Pope Francis in April
ATLANTA, GA ( March 14, 2013) – “Francis, rebuild my Church!” This is how St. Francis of Assisi recounts Christ’s call of the founder of the Franciscan Order. It is also how Jorge Mario Bergoglio, at the age of 76, and a Jesuit, seems to have accepted his election to the papacy with the choice of a name that no other pope has ever chosen.
So, who is Pope Francis, elected in one of the shortest conclaves in history? Who is this man chosen to be the first Pope from the Americas and the first Jesuit Pope? What does he think? How does he understand his call to serve Christ, his Church, and the world? Will he compromise on the Church’s moral teachings? Will he face the scandals of the Church head-on?
Drawing from the words, ideas, and the personal recollection of Pope Francis – including inside material made available right up to the final hours before his election – the most highly regarded Vatican observer, Andrea Tornielli, reveals who the new Pope will be for both a Church and a world in need of transformation.
“Francis, Pope of a New World,” published by Ignatius Press, is a definitive and complete biography on Pope Francis. It will provide the keys to understanding the man who was a surprise choice, even a revolutionary choice, for pope. It is the story of a humble pastor of one of the world’s largest archdioceses; a cardinal, who takes the bus, spends time in the street talking to the community, pays his own bills and makes his own meals, and lives simply. It is the story of why the cardinal electors of the Catholic Church set aside political and diplomatic calculations to elect a pope who will lead the renewal and purification of the worldwide Church of our time.
Contact Lisa Wheeler (770-591-0045 or LWheeler@CarmelCommunications.com) or Kevin Wandra (404-788-1276 or KWandra@CarmelCommunications.com) of Carmel Communications for more information or to schedule interviews for when the book is released.
http://www.ignatius.com GA, 30075 US
Kevin Wandra - ,
Pope Francis, Catholic Church, Rome, pontiff, Ignatius Press, Jorge Mario Bergoglio
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Thu, Sept 25, 2014 - Mass & Healing Service with Fr. Angelos Sebastian at Our Lady of Grace Catholic
- Employment Opportunities with the LA Archdiocese
- Marriage and Family at the Forefront of Social Science Conference
- New books and key experts available in time for October Synod on Marriage and Family
- Franciscan University Reacts to Latest HHS Mandate Ruling
- Former Polish Prime Minister to Speak on Legacy of St. John Paul II
- Divine Mercy Drama Comes to Washington, DC
- Gospel of Mark — Ready, Set, Go! - September 6, 2014
- Come to the Sisters of Providence Fall Discernment Weekend Oct. 31-Nov. 2, 2014
- New Book Helps Readers Trust God with St. Therese's Little Way