New Book on the Spiritual Vision of Pope Francis
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
A Look at the Life and Works of Jorge Mario Bergoglio
COLORADO SPRINGS, CO (March 14, 2013) — On March 13, 2013, in Rome, Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Buenos Aires, Argentina, was elected pope. Chosen by the cardinals of the Roman Catholic Church to be the 266th successor of the apostle Peter, he is 76 years old, the first Latin American pope and the first pope from the Jesuit order.
Now that the white smoke has cleared and the jubilation in St. Peter’s Square has settled, Catholics, Christians, and people everywhere are asking, who is Jorge Mario Bergoglio and
what will his pontificate mean for the Catholic Church.
In a soon-to-be-released book (April 30, 2013, Image Books) on the new pontiff, Dr. Robert Moynihan, founder and editor of Inside the Vatican magazine, offers an introduction to the life and work of Jorge Mario Bergoglio, now Pope Francis.
“This is an exciting time not only for the Church but for the world,” said Gary Jansen, editor of Image Books, the Catholic interest imprint of Random House, Inc. “The election of the world’s first Latin American pope, a man of Italian heritage, means a bridging of the Northern and Southern hemispheres in a way we’ve never seen and signifies a new global vision for the 1.2 billion people who call themselves Catholic.”
Moynihan’s book will give readers an insight into the spiritual vision of the new pontiff with a look at his most inspirational teachings on God, Jesus, marriage and family, life, prayer, religious freedom, and more.
“Many people say it takes the Catholic Church a long time to make decisions, but that hasn’t been the case lately,” said Jansen. “Not only did the cardinals elect a new pope in two days, but the decision to elect a pope from Latin America instantly puts the 400+ million Spanish speaking Catholics around the world in the spotlight. This is an exciting time and we’re all curious to see what happens next.”
About Robert Moynihan
Dr. Robert Moynihan is founder and editor of Inside the Vatican magazine, a monthly journal on Church and world affairs from Rome. He is regarded as one of the world’s leading Vatican analysts and author of Let God’s Light Shine Forth: The Spiritual Vision of Pope Benedict XVI. He received his Ph.D. in medieval studies from Yale University and divides his time between Rome and Annapolis, Maryland. He has appeared on Fox News, CNN, ABC, EWTN and other worldwide networks and media outlets. He is married and has two sons.
Image Books/Random House
http://www.imagecatholicbooks.com/ CO, 80921 US
Katie Moore - Publicist, (719) 268-1936
Pope Francis, Jorge Mario Bergoglio, Catholic Church, Vatican, Image Books, Robert Moynihan
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Religious Educators Learn How to Keep Christ at the Heart of the New Evangelization
- Fifth Centenary Celebration Unifies Faithful through Spirituality, Technology and Music
- Media Advisory: Messenger of the Truth documentary to air in Los Angeles and Santa Barbara
- Provocative music-driven love story to contend in year of faith films
- Youth Conference Brings Teens 'Face to Face' With God
- The CatholicTV Network Honors National NFP Awareness Week
- Leading Catholic Church law judge and bishops support Catholics faithful to spouses after divorce
- Habitat for Humanity of Greater L.A. Announces Catholic Coalition Partnership, Inaugural Build Event
- Liguori Publications Buys Franciscan Media’s Parish Resources
- Pauline Books & Media 2014 CPA Awards