Statement from Fr. Joseph Fessio of Ignatius Press on the Election of Pope Francis
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For More Information:
Kevin Wandra, 404-788-1276 or
ATLANTA, GA (March 14, 2013) – Jesuit Father Joseph Fessio, Founder and Publisher of Ignatius Press, comments on yesterday’s election of Pope Francis:
“It is a brilliant stroke of the Holy Spirit that completely faked out the media (and me too, I have to say). A son of Ignatius takes the name of Francis. A man of Old World heritage who is part of the New World. Truly a Pontifex Maximus (which means “the greatest builder of bridges”). He’s solidly orthodox with a zeal for the poor. His model is the obedience of Ignatius and the poverty of Francis. How blessed we Catholics are in our popes!”
To interview Father Fessio, contact Kevin Wandra (404-788-1276 or KWandra@CarmelCommunications.com) of Carmel Communications.
http://www.ignatius.com GA, 30075 US
Kevin Wandra - ,
Pope Francis, Catholic Church, Rome, pontiff, Fr. Joseph Fessio, Ignatius Press
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Not God’s Type? Think again
- Joy of the Gospel Retreat for Priests Offered
- Media Advisory - Cardinal, other experts participate in Tele-Press Conference
- Discover the Rich History of the Catholic Church in America
- Would You Baptize an Extraterrestrial?
- Franciscan University Symposia to Celebrate 25 Years of John Paul II's Ex corde Ecclesiae
- Join RealOptions at Ignite Life 2014!
- New Edition of Writings by a Prophetic Pope
- George Weigel to Speak on Evangelical Catholicism and Higher Education
- Teacher Wins $3,000 Cash Prize for Catholic YA Novel