Statement from Fr. Joseph Fessio of Ignatius Press on the Election of Pope Francis
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For More Information:
Kevin Wandra, 404-788-1276 or
ATLANTA, GA (March 14, 2013) – Jesuit Father Joseph Fessio, Founder and Publisher of Ignatius Press, comments on yesterday’s election of Pope Francis:
“It is a brilliant stroke of the Holy Spirit that completely faked out the media (and me too, I have to say). A son of Ignatius takes the name of Francis. A man of Old World heritage who is part of the New World. Truly a Pontifex Maximus (which means “the greatest builder of bridges”). He’s solidly orthodox with a zeal for the poor. His model is the obedience of Ignatius and the poverty of Francis. How blessed we Catholics are in our popes!”
To interview Father Fessio, contact Kevin Wandra (404-788-1276 or KWandra@CarmelCommunications.com) of Carmel Communications.
http://www.ignatius.com GA, 30075 US
Kevin Wandra - ,
Pope Francis, Catholic Church, Rome, pontiff, Fr. Joseph Fessio, Ignatius Press
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- How would Bilbo vote?
- EWTN PREMIERE: New StoryTel Film Explores Soldiers of Christ in America
- Crosiers offer novena for protection against Ebola virus
- Meet the enemy of big government: J.R.R. Tolkien
- Enter the world of beatniks, hippies … and singing monks?
- Pontiff and Prophet: Pope Paul VI predictions in On Human Life ring true throughout the world
- George Weigel on Evangelical Catholicism in Catholic Universities
- Frankfurt Book Fair 2014
- ‘Christmas in Harvard Square’ wows with impressive debut on Billboard charts
- Pontifical Low Mass (DVD & Booklet)