Statement from Fr. Joseph Fessio of Ignatius Press on the Election of Pope Francis
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For More Information:
Kevin Wandra, 404-788-1276 or
ATLANTA, GA (March 14, 2013) – Jesuit Father Joseph Fessio, Founder and Publisher of Ignatius Press, comments on yesterday’s election of Pope Francis:
“It is a brilliant stroke of the Holy Spirit that completely faked out the media (and me too, I have to say). A son of Ignatius takes the name of Francis. A man of Old World heritage who is part of the New World. Truly a Pontifex Maximus (which means “the greatest builder of bridges”). He’s solidly orthodox with a zeal for the poor. His model is the obedience of Ignatius and the poverty of Francis. How blessed we Catholics are in our popes!”
To interview Father Fessio, contact Kevin Wandra (404-788-1276 or KWandra@CarmelCommunications.com) of Carmel Communications.
http://www.ignatius.com GA, 30075 US
Kevin Wandra - ,
Pope Francis, Catholic Church, Rome, pontiff, Fr. Joseph Fessio, Ignatius Press
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Teacher Wins $3,000 Cash Prize for Catholic YA Novel
- 'Power of Beauty' Conference to Discuss Role of Beauty in Everyday Life
- One of the Great Overlooked Dramas of the Nazi Era
- Every Day is a Holiday in the Catholic Church!
- RENEW International Staff to Attend International Meeting Pastoral Project of “Evangelii Gaudium” a
- Little Sisters of the Poor to Receive Franciscan University's Poverello Medal
- Is Pope Francis for real?
- 18th Annual Carnival at St. Ann’s Parish
- The CatholicTV Network to Broadcast Blue Mass for Public Safety Personnel with Cardinal Seán O'Malle
- Back-to-School Blog Tour Highlights Catholic Children’s Literature