Statement from Fr. Joseph Fessio of Ignatius Press on the Election of Pope Francis
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For More Information:
Kevin Wandra, 404-788-1276 or
ATLANTA, GA (March 14, 2013) - Jesuit Father Joseph Fessio, Founder and Publisher of Ignatius Press, comments on yesterday's election of Pope Francis:
"It is a brilliant stroke of the Holy Spirit that completely faked out the media (and me too, I have to say). A son of Ignatius takes the name of Francis. A man of Old World heritage who is part of the New World. Truly a Pontifex Maximus (which means "the greatest builder of bridges"). He's solidly orthodox with a zeal for the poor. His model is the obedience of Ignatius and the poverty of Francis. How blessed we Catholics are in our popes!"
To interview Father Fessio, contact Kevin Wandra (404-788-1276 or KWandra@CarmelCommunications.com) of Carmel Communications.
http://www.ignatius.com GA, 30075 US
Kevin Wandra - ,
Pope Francis, Catholic Church, Rome, pontiff, Fr. Joseph Fessio, Ignatius Press
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Who's responsible for designing the designer?
- Thu, Jun 11, 2015- Mass & Healing Service with Fr. Bill Adams at Our Lady of Grace Catholic Church
- Your search for true happiness is over
- ValLimar Jansen's latest album "a soulful experience"
- Uncovering the roots (and branches) of the greatest revolution in the American Catholic Church
- NYC May 8, 2015 Spring Fling Catholic Singles Mingle Fundraiser
- Thank A Nun Day
- #TweetingwGod dares young people to believe
- Experience Beloved: Finding happiness in marriage
- Archbishop Aquila, Dr. Edward Sri and other experts to participate in 'Beloved' telepress conference