Statement from Fr. Joseph Fessio of Ignatius Press on the Election of Pope Francis
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For More Information:
Kevin Wandra, 404-788-1276 or
ATLANTA, GA (March 14, 2013) - Jesuit Father Joseph Fessio, Founder and Publisher of Ignatius Press, comments on yesterday's election of Pope Francis:
"It is a brilliant stroke of the Holy Spirit that completely faked out the media (and me too, I have to say). A son of Ignatius takes the name of Francis. A man of Old World heritage who is part of the New World. Truly a Pontifex Maximus (which means "the greatest builder of bridges"). He's solidly orthodox with a zeal for the poor. His model is the obedience of Ignatius and the poverty of Francis. How blessed we Catholics are in our popes!"
To interview Father Fessio, contact Kevin Wandra (404-788-1276 or KWandra@CarmelCommunications.com) of Carmel Communications.
http://www.ignatius.com GA, 30075 US
Kevin Wandra - ,
Pope Francis, Catholic Church, Rome, pontiff, Fr. Joseph Fessio, Ignatius Press
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- OCP Pledges to Support the V Encuentro
- The John Paul II International Film Festival Marks Its Five-Year Anniversary
- Thu, Sept 24, 2015- Mass & Healing Service with Fr. Angelos Sebastian Our Lady of Grace Catholic Chu
- How do we live the truth in love when the culture says we're haters?
- Grief, Death, Eternal Life Explored in New Catholic Title by PBM
- Right Next to Disneyland: Theater Meets Faith
- OCP Parish Grant Program to Distribute $200,000 to U.S. Parishes
- Franciscan University Joins With UK School to Offer Online Master of Catechetics Degree
- CONOR GALLAGHER NAMED PUBLISHER OF TAN BOOKS AND SAINT BENEDICT PRESS
- Thérèse Drama Surprises Audiences