Catholic Filmmakers Crowd-Fund for Medjugorie Film
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Filmmakers use social media to fund film about Medjugorje
NAPLES, FL (February 4, 2013) - Award winning director Sean Bloomfield and entrepreneur and producer Zaid Jazrawi announced today the launch of The Triumph Film crowd-funding campaign. Utilizing social media the filmmakers hope to fund and promote a new documentary filmed in Medjugorje.
Filmed primarily in the heart of Bosnia-Herzegovina, The Triumph investigates the modern-day miracles of Medjugorje, where apparitions of the Virgin Mary have been occurring since 1981. Sean and Zaid have dedicated the last two years to producing this epic and historical documentary.
The film producers are using an innovative new method to help fund and promote the film. Indiegogo.com is a crowd-funding platform where anyone can help support a project in exchange for incentives also known as “perks.” The perks for supporting the project include everything from a DVD of the film, to a trip to Medjugorje with the filmmakers. The goal is to raise at least $50,000 to finish production and to help launch a marketing campaign for the film.
Only 10 days into the crowd funding campaign and the film has already raised over $10,000. “Our goal is to bring this film to as many people as possible” said producer Zaid Jazrawi. The funding campaign will last until 11:59 pm on March 10, 2013.
Here is a link to The Triumph crowd funding campaign: http://igg.me/p/307498/x/2048054
For more information contact Royce@marianews.com
Also visit TheTriumph.org
http://indiegogo.com/the-triumph FL, 34119 US
Royce Hood - Founder,
Medjugorje, Documentary, Crowd-funding, Social media, Virgin Mary
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Live Web Event with Scott Hahn
- New Book by IPS Brings together Psychologists, Theologians and Philosophers to 'Build the Bridge'
- Remembering Fr. Kapaun and all our fallen heroes on Memorial Day
- First U.S. Publisher to Speak at Canadian Catholic Schools Convention
- IPS Press Announces Last Book from the Late Benedict Ashley, O.P. A Culmination of His Life's Work
- Human cloning for stem cells remains unethical, impractical and dangerous
- Book Launch: The Church Under Attack
- Angels and Saints at Ephesus debuts at No. 1 on Billboard’s Classical Traditional Music Chart
- Mission of Healing in Los Angeles
- Father Robert Reed to be Honored by the Boston Archdiocesan Choir School