Journey through Advent with the 'Birthplace of Hope'
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For More Information:
Alexis Walkenstein, 561-445-5409 or
Tim Lilley, 678-990-9032 or
Kevin Wandra, 678-990-9032 or
Holy Family Hospital of Bethlehem launching interactive calendar with reflections, prayers, video and images for the season of anticipation
ATLANTA, GA (November 28, 2012) – This second, the lives of expectant mothers and their babies are being saved by the staff and facilities of Holy Family Hospital of Bethlehem. Known throughout the West Bank Region as the “Birthplace of Hope,” the hospital is located only 500 yards from the traditionally recognized birthplace of Jesus.
When Advent begins on Dec. 2, the Holy Family Hospital Foundation, the U.S.-based agency that provides financial support to the hospital, will launch an interactive calendar online that visitors can use throughout the season as they prepare to celebrate the birth of the Christ child.
Visit the calendar beginning Dec. 2 (the first Sunday of Advent) for:
• Video features that will introduce visitors to the hospital, its staff, its mobile medical outreach and the families that turn to the facility for the medical care they need so badly.
• Reflections that will include Catholic clergy, religious, writers and bloggers.
• Photos and graphics that will drive home the message of the hospital’s status as the West Bank’s true birthplace of hope for families in one of the world’s most impoverished, war-torn areas.
New calendar content will be unlocked daily throughout Advent.
“Advent is a time of prayer, reflection, anticipation and preparation,” said Holy Family Hospital Foundation Executive Director Colleen Marotta. “We hope visitors will use the calendar as they prepare for Christmas. In the process, they will learn about the important work of the hospital. Doctors and staff save the lives of thousands of mothers and babies annually. And they provide the highest-quality medical care without regard to race, religion or ability to pay.
“So many families have come to know Holy Family Hospital as the birthplace of hope because they know that no one ever arrives at its doors to hear, ‘there is no room.’”
About Holy Family Hospital
The French Daughters of Charity opened Holy Family Hospital in 1885 as an 80-bed general hospital and orphanage. The sisters ran the hospital for a century, but were forced to close the hospital in 1985 due to economic and socio-political reasons.
Blessed Pope John Paul II approached the Sovereign Military Order of Malta and requested that it take over administration and operation of the hospital. The Order of Malta continues a tradition of Christian love born 2,000 years ago in Jesus and carried on 1,000 years later when it opened its first hospice in nearby Jerusalem. Under the Order’s leadership, Holy Family Hospital reopened as a maternity/gynecological hospital in 1990. Since then, more than 55,000 babies have been born, and many of them have been saved in the only neonatal intensive care unit in the entire West Bank Region.
Holy Family Hospital also operates a mobile outreach clinic that provides medical care to families and women living, in many cases, without access to running water or sanitary services. At the turn of the century, Blessed Pope John Paul II named Holy Family Hospital one of the top 100 priorities for the Roman Catholic Church in the new millennium.
The hospital recruits and trains native-born medical professionals, and has trained more than 90 midwives who work in other hospitals throughout the West Bank. It also provides steady employment and a fair wage for its 150 employees – many of whom are the sole support of large, extended families.
Visit the online newsroom at MaxOnDeadline.com.
For more information on Holy Family Hospital or to schedule an interview with Foundation Executive Director Colleen Marotta, please contact Kevin Wandra (678-990-9032 or KWandra@MaximusMG.com), Tim Lilley (678-990-9032 or TLilley@MaximusMG.com) or Alexis Walkenstein (561-445-5409 or AWalkenstein@MaximusMG.com) of The Maximus Group.
http://maxondeadline.com/hfh/press-releases/journey-through-advent/ GA, 30188 US
Kevin Wandra - ,
Holy Family Hospital, Advent calendar, Blessed Pope John Paul II,
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- RealOptions Presents Rachel’s Vineyard Retreats
- Angels and Saints at Ephesus again No. 1 on Billboard’s Classical Traditional Music Chart
- The CatholicTV Network to air Feature on the Fine Arts Summer Academy
- The CatholicTV Network to air Ordinations to the Priesthood for the Archdiocese of Boston
- Live Web Event with Scott Hahn
- New Book by IPS Brings together Psychologists, Theologians and Philosophers to 'Build the Bridge'
- Remembering Fr. Kapaun and all our fallen heroes on Memorial Day
- First U.S. Publisher to Speak at Canadian Catholic Schools Convention
- IPS Press Announces Last Book from the Late Benedict Ashley, O.P. A Culmination of His Life's Work
- Human cloning for stem cells remains unethical, impractical and dangerous