Catholic Teens Warm Up to '40-Day Spiritual Workout'
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
STEUBENVILLE, OH (October 24, 2012) - Catholic youth have a new, free resource to keep them on their toes when it comes to their faith: Bob Rice’s 40-Day Spiritual Workout app, created exclusively for them.
“Making a commitment to the 40 Day Spiritual Workout brings a person into prayer, Scripture study, quotes from saints, and spiritual reflections,” says Bob Rice, catechetics professor at Franciscan University of Steubenville, who created the content for the app.
A sought-after speaker and musician with several popular CDs to his credit, Rice serves as music ministry leader for four of the Steubenville summer youth conferences and is a recognized leader in the youth ministry movement.
His new app uses lively graphics and colorful design to illustrate a daily message. The theme for Day 6, “The Perfect Prayer,” discusses how Jesus taught the disciples to pray the Our Father.
“This prayer is wonderful not only because of the simplicity of its words, but also because of what it represents,” the devotion reads, explaining the prayer in sections. At the end, the “Cool Down” recommends praying an Our Father.
The 40-Day Spiritual Workout is packed with daily devotions geared especially toward teenagers. Occasional stories help them connect the devotions to their personal lives. Users can let their youth minister and friends know their progress via email or Facebook.
“When I was a youth minister, I found that teens would come off the youth conference experience with great enthusiasm, but not know what to do next, especially when it came to daily prayer. This 40-day Bible study is ideal for a newly-committed Catholic or anyone who wants to learn more about the faith and get into a rhythm of prayer,” said Rice.
The new app is available for iPhone iTouch, and iPad. For those who want to do the workout on their computer or other mobile device, they can access it through email.
To download the free app, or to sign up to receive the daily email version, visit 40days.steubenville.org.
Franciscan University of Steubenville
http://www.franciscan.edu OH, 43952 US
Tom Sofio - Associate Director of Public Relations,
Bob Rice, Franciscan University of Steubenville, youth ministry, Steubenville youth conferences
Catholic Schools & Religious Education
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- What if we told you Aquinas wasn’t all about philosophy?
- Meet the Woman Who Inspired Ludovico of Casoria, the Church's Newest Saint for the Poor
- Celebrating the Return of a Timeless Classic: The Beloved Queen of Apostles Prayer Book
- “JOY TO THE WORLD” THE 2014 DAUGHTERS OF ST. PAUL CHRISTMAS CONCERT SERIES TOUR BEGINS DECEMBER 3
- Forty Catholic dioceses in effective schism?
- Meet a Medieval Pro-life Saint: Elizabeth of Hungary
- My Battle Against Hitler Blog Book Tour
- Hildebrand and the Third Reich
- Pray the rosary with your Sisters
- Something Other Than God nominated for Best Memoir & Autobiography in Goodreads 2014 Choice Awards