Dominican University Siena Center to Host Lecture: 'All Are Immigrants'
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
River Forest IL (October 9, 2012) - Dominican University's St. Catherine of Siena Center will celebrate the founder of the Dominican Order with its annual Mazzuchelli Lecture on Thursday, November 1, at 4:30 p.m. in the Rosary Chapel on Dominican's Main Campus, 7900 West Division Street, River Forest.
Rev. James Barnett, OP, will give the lecture, titled "All Are Immigrants." The lecture will explore the lives and legacy of four historical Dominican voices for justice: Bartolomé de las Casas, Antonio Montesinos, Samuel Mazzuchelli and St. Catherine of Siena; and challenge us to speak out for justice, especially for the immigrant, in today’s world.
Barnett is a priest of the Dominican Province of St. Albert and has served parishes in the United States and abroad in Bolivia, Honduras and El Salvador. He most recently served in campus ministry at the St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic Center at Purdue University in West Lafayette, Ind., before joining the Aquinas Institute of Theology in St. Louis, Mo., as student master.
The event is free and open to the public. For more information, contact the Siena Center at (708) 714-9105 or email email@example.com.
Dominican University established the St. Catherine of Siena Center to examine critical issues of church and society in the light of faith and scholarship. The center calls together members of the university community, professional ministers and the wider community of faith who are committed to deepening their insight into the role of the Christian in today's world.
http://www.dom.edu/newsroom/press/2012/october/article_0003.html IL, 60305 US
Dan Armstrong - Public Relations Manager, 708-524-6452
immigration, immigrant, catholic, james barnett, dominican, lecture, mazzuchelli, de las casas
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- RENEW International Staff to Attend International Meeting Pastoral Project of “Evangelii Gaudium” a
- Little Sisters of the Poor to Receive Franciscan University's Poverello Medal
- Is Pope Francis for real?
- 18th Annual Carnival at St. Ann’s Parish
- The CatholicTV Network to Broadcast Blue Mass for Public Safety Personnel with Cardinal Seán O'Malle
- Back-to-School Blog Tour Highlights Catholic Children’s Literature
- New York, NY: Sat Sep 27th NYC Catholic Professionals Mass & Social
- Celebrate Christmas in Harvard Square
- Divine Mercy Saint Drama Comes to Williamsburg, Virginia
- America's First-Pro-Life Half Marathon/5K Set for Nov. 9