Andrea Mumm Open Gaudium Musicae Season
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CHARLOTTE, NC (October 8, 2012) - St. Ann Catholic Church is pleased to announce the first concert of the third season of Gaudium Musicae to be held Sunday, November 4, 2012. The featured performance is by Andrea Mumm, the principal harpist for the Charlotte Symphony Orchestra. She will be joined by fellow CSO musician, Carlos Tarazona, for the beautiful Saint-SaŽns Fantaisie for violin and harp. Gifted student harpist, 14-year-old Katherine Blanton, will also perform. The hour-long concert will start at 4:00pm in St. Ann Catholic Church, 3635 Park Road, Charlotte, NC 28209. There will be a reception following the concert will allow listeners the opportunity to meet the performers.
Additional concerts will be held on January 27, 2013 with Carolina Men's Chorus, on March 3, 2013 with Rossignol, and conclude on May 5, 2013 with The Brubeck Project.
Season subscriptions are $40 for adults, $25 for students and $100 for families. Single concert tickets are $30 for families, $12 for adults, $8 for students and children 12 years old or under are free. Tickets can be purchased online at www.StAnnCharlotte.org, during business hours or after Masses in the St. Ann's parish office or at the door. Sponsorships are available for each of the concerts. Please contact the parish office at 704-523-4641 ext. 221 for information.
For more than 50 years St. Ann Catholic Church has been a beacon of faith in the Charlotte community. Parishioners endeavor to support one another as we grow together in faith and holiness. We offer the ordinary and extraordinary (Latin) forms of Mass and strive to reconnect with the rich heritage of the Catholic Church by regularly utilizing Gregorian chant, polyphony and other historically significant music. The Gaudium Musicae series is designed to support exceptional, primarily local musicians by providing an acoustically excellent, intimate venue for performance and to present diverse programming.
http://www.StAnnCharlotte.org NC, 28209 US
St. Ann Catholic Church - , 704-523-4641
Gaudium Musicae, harpist, Charlotte, North Carolina
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- When Pope Francis Arrives in North America, There is Only One Network to Watch: EWTN Global Catholic
- The Synod on the Family: Addressing the Instrumentum Laboris
- GHIRELLI'S WORLD MEETING OF FAMILIES ROSARIES NOW AVAILABLE
- OCP Artist, Pedro Rubalcava, Writes Song for Pope Francis' Visit
- Pre-Synod Conference unites Cardinals and men and women living with homosexual tendencies
- The Rigging of a Vatican Synod
- 17 Cardinals and Counting
- 19th Annual Carnival Announced for St. Ann's Parish
- OCP Pledges to Support the V Encuentro
- The John Paul II International Film Festival Marks Its Five-Year Anniversary