Dominican University to Rename Residence Hall in Honor of President Emerita Sr. Jean Murray
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Jessica Mackinnon, director of public information
(708) 524-6289, firstname.lastname@example.org
River Forest, IL (September 18, 2012) - Dominican University will rename its newest residence hall, previously known as Centennial Hall, in honor of Sr. Jean Murray, president emerita of the university and professor emerita of French. The university will hold an outdoor ceremony commemorating the announcement on Thursday, September 27, at 3:30 p.m. in front of Power Hall, adjacent to the new Sr. Jean Murray Hall.
The renaming was announced in conjunction with an anonymous $1 million gift to the university given in her honor. The event will also celebrate Sr. Jean Murray’s 85th birthday and her 60th jubilee, the anniversary of her joining the Sinsinawa Dominican community, both occurring in 2012. Gifts to Dominican University in honor of Sr. Jean Murray are welcome and will be acknowledged in the printed program if received by Wednesday, September 19.
Sr. Jean Murray joined the French faculty of Rosary College in 1961, a position she held until 2008. She later served as director of the Rosary-in-Fribourg international program in the 1970s before her tenure as president of Rosary College from 1981-1994. She continues to teach at Dominican University as professor emerita.
The former Centennial Hall opened in January 2004.
There is no charge for this event but RSVP is required. To RSVP or make a gift in honor of
Sr. Jean Murray go to www.dom.edu/alumni. For more information, contact Mark Carbonara at 708-524-6286 or email@example.com.
http://www.dom.edu IL, 60305 US
Dan Armstrong - Public Relations Manager, 708-524-6452
sr. jean murray, op, dominican, university, sister, honor
Catholic Schools & Religious Education
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- What if we told you Aquinas wasn’t all about philosophy?
- Meet the Woman Who Inspired Ludovico of Casoria, the Church's Newest Saint for the Poor
- Celebrating the Return of a Timeless Classic: The Beloved Queen of Apostles Prayer Book
- “JOY TO THE WORLD” THE 2014 DAUGHTERS OF ST. PAUL CHRISTMAS CONCERT SERIES TOUR BEGINS DECEMBER 3
- Forty Catholic dioceses in effective schism?
- Meet a Medieval Pro-life Saint: Elizabeth of Hungary
- My Battle Against Hitler Blog Book Tour
- Hildebrand and the Third Reich
- Pray the rosary with your Sisters
- Something Other Than God nominated for Best Memoir & Autobiography in Goodreads 2014 Choice Awards