mobileWOMEN.org Magazine Spotlights UroMed's Female Hometown Heroes with Spinal Cord Injuries
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SUWANEE, GA (September 11, 2012) - For the next several months, mobileWOMEN.org magazine will be sharing the stories of UroMed's Hometown Heroes as an inspirational program for their readers. An online magazine for women who use wheelchairs, mobileWOMEN.org often posts interviews with women who are leading successful lives in terms of their families, sports involvement and career achievements.
See the latest Hometown Heroes on mobileWOMEN.org at: http://www.mobileWOMEN.org/
"We at mobileWOMEN.org have always believed in the power and potential of women with disabilities. We are honored to partner with Uromed by featuring their female Hometown Heroes. We applaud Uromed for their altruistic efforts to recognize these outstanding, unsung Heroes who are making valuable contributions," says mobileWOMEN.org founder Wendy Crawford.
Some of the women who will be spotlighted as Hometown Heroes on mobileWOMEN.org's web site include:
• Monica Quimby - Paralyzed by a ski accident, Monica is a college professor and former Ms. Wheelchair Maine 2011.
• Angela Madsen - This US Veteran is now one of the most accomplished professional ocean rowers in the world.
• Misty Blue Foster - Born with Spina Bifida, Misty Blue now has a successful career as a nurse,
• Christine Kent - A stalker attempted to kill this former model, but Christine refused to die. Now she is a competitive hand-cyclist and continues to work with victim assistance groups.
• Jamie Holmes - After spending most of her youth undergoing repeated surgeries, Jamie created Jamie's Dream Team to give hope and joy to children nationwide who are hospitalized or struggling with medical conditions.
The idea for Hometown Heroes was inspired by the thousands of people who participate in UroMed's online peer support community on Facebook through their non-profit program, Life After Spinal Cord Injury. As the LASCI Facebook community continually shares their own stories and pictures of success in everyday life, UroMed wanted to help spread the good news even further to eliminate stereotypes associated with disabilities and to inspire even more people who may not have yet discovered Life After Spinal Cord Injury.
"As a quadriplegic, I understand the role that personal independence combined with community support plays in achieving a full, successful life after spinal cord injury or some other disabling condition," UroMed founder Bert Burns, a C6-7 quadriplegic, explains. "The best part of the Hometown Heroes program is that we are sharing the personal stories of people who have already moved forward. Being able to identify with someone else's personal example can help someone in moving beyond a life-changing injury."
Life After Spinal Cord Injury Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/LASCIonline
mobileWOMEN Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/groups/111725762222551/
About mobileWOMEN.org magazine
mobileWOMEN.org believes that women with disabilities steer their own lives. At mobileWOMEN.org there is a place to unite and ask questions, as well as share ideas, insights, and experiences. Most of all, this site is a place where women can learn from each other. mobileWOMEN.org was created by women in wheelchairs who were having difficulty finding answers to their questions about health, fashion, and other topics. Their mission is to bring together current and accurate information on issues of interest to their community. Visit http://www.mobileWOMEN.org/ for more details.
About Life After Spinal Cord Injury
Bert Burns became quadriplegic as a result of an automobile accident during his youth. His desire to make a positive difference in the lives of people with disabilities led him to create a free motivational program for peer support and rehabilitation groups called Life After Spinal Cord Injury. LASCI is sponsored by UroMed, [http://www.uromed.com] one of the largest urological supply companies in the country. Join more than 12,000 friends in our Facebook support community at: http://www.facebook.com/LASCIonline
Headquartered in Suwanee, GA [a suburb of Atlanta], UroMed is one of the nation's leading providers of single-use catheters, urological and disposable medical supplies, including intermittent catheters, closed system catheters, condom catheters, pediatric catheters and continence care products. UroMed is nationally accredited for Medicare reimbursement and most state Medicaid plans, and partners with private health insurance providers and health plans to provide patients with single-use catheters, catheter kits and incontinence products. UroMed also has six staffed regional offices located in and around the following metro areas: Greenville, SC; Jacksonville, FL; Dallas, TX; Knoxville, TN; Richmond, VA; and Baton Rouge, LA; enabling next-day delivery after a customer's initial medical supply order. For more information, please visit http://www.uromed.com or call 1-800-841-1233.
Note: If you have a Hometown Hero that you would like to recognize, please contact us below and we'll be glad to review their story.
For more information contact:
http://www.uromed.com GA, 30024 US
UroMed Catheters - , 800-841-1233
mobileWOMEN, UroMed, Hometown Heroes, Life After Spinal Cord Injury, Paralyzed, Facebook, social med
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Religious Educators Learn How to Keep Christ at the Heart of the New Evangelization
- Fifth Centenary Celebration Unifies Faithful through Spirituality, Technology and Music
- Media Advisory: Messenger of the Truth documentary to air in Los Angeles and Santa Barbara
- Provocative music-driven love story to contend in year of faith films
- Youth Conference Brings Teens 'Face to Face' With God
- The CatholicTV Network Honors National NFP Awareness Week
- Leading Catholic Church law judge and bishops support Catholics faithful to spouses after divorce
- Habitat for Humanity of Greater L.A. Announces Catholic Coalition Partnership, Inaugural Build Event
- Liguori Publications Buys Franciscan Media’s Parish Resources
- Pauline Books & Media 2014 CPA Awards