The Chilean Church - “Privileged to Be the Voice of the Poor”.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
NEW YORK, NY (August 31, 2012) - WorldPriest TV’s exclusive interview with Father Benjamin, Chile’s only priest at the Dublin Eucharistic Congress, shares with the world that the Chilean Church has the great privilege to be the voice of the poor.
76% of the Chilean people are Catholic but money and materialism have become very important, distracting Catholics from their spiritual roles in life. Like other places across the globe the church and the Bishops are talking but the people are not listening, are the feelings of Father Benjamin.
Father Benjamin also shares with us that the Chilean Church joins the Irish Church in their suffering and that the suffering can be sour but the fruits in the future will be so sweet.
Father Benjamin was ordained 20 years ago in a class of 16 and today 16 priests are remaining despite the challenges and the crisis in the Church in Chile.
To view this bilingual interview visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPMUKvGnAvQ&sns=em
Please help support WorldPriest and the Global Rosary Relay for Priests by making a donation to help our cause at http://www.worldpriest.com/
http://www.worldpriest.com NY, 10022 US
Marion Mulhall - Founder & CEO, 212 232 8265
Worldpriest TV, Chile, Priest.Rosary Relay.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- Not God’s Type? Think again
- Joy of the Gospel Retreat for Priests Offered
- Media Advisory - Cardinal, other experts participate in Tele-Press Conference
- Discover the Rich History of the Catholic Church in America
- Would You Baptize an Extraterrestrial?
- Franciscan University Symposia to Celebrate 25 Years of John Paul II's Ex corde Ecclesiae
- Join RealOptions at Ignite Life 2014!
- New Edition of Writings by a Prophetic Pope
- George Weigel to Speak on Evangelical Catholicism and Higher Education
- Teacher Wins $3,000 Cash Prize for Catholic YA Novel