American Chesterton Society to Host World Premiere of Film Based on G.K. Chesterton's Manaliv
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
MINNEAPOLIS, MN (June 26, 2012) - The American Chesterton Society will celebrate the 100th anniversary of G.K. Chesterton’s classic novel, Manalive, at its 31st annual conference August 2-4 at the Silver Legacy Resort and Casino in Reno, Nevada. The theme of the conference is “Break the Conventions, Keep the Commandments,” a pivotal line from Manalive.
The highlight of the conference will be the world premiere of the independent movie, Manalive, produced by Dale Ahlquist and Joey Odendahl. Although Chesterton was a prolific author, there has never been a full-length feature film based on a Chesterton novel - until now. The film was shot on location in Savannah, Georgia and throughout the state of Washington. Manalive stars popular Catholic author and speaker, Mark Shea, and Kevin O’Brien, president and artistic director of Theater of the Word. The film also stars up and coming Hollywood actor, Kaiser Johnson.
In addition to the movie premiere, the three day Chesterton conference will feature speakers including:
- Dale Ahlquist, President of the American Chesterton Society and host of the popular EWTN television show, The Apostle of Common Sense
- Joseph Pearce, prolific author of biographies of literary converts, including G.K. Chesterton, J.R.R. Tolkein, and C.S. Lewis
- Jason Jones, President and Founder of Movie to Movement, Co-Executive Producer of Bella and Crescendo, and the founder of IamWholeLife.com
The premiere of Manalive will take place on Friday, August 3rd at 6:30PM at the Reno Legacy Resort and Casino. To register for the 3-day conference, visit www.chesterton.org.
About the American Chesterton Society
The American Chesterton Society (ACS), founded in 1996, works to promote interest in G.K. Chesterton (1874-1936), one of the 20th century’s greatest writers. Through its popular EWTN television program The Apostle of Common Sense, Gilbert Magazine, books, conferences, pilgrimages, and scholarly research, the organization works to bring Chesterton’s common sense, profound faith, and joy to a new generation. Learn more at www.chesterton.org.
American Chesterton Society
http://www.chesterton.org/2012/06/world-premiere-manalive/ MN, 55437 US
Emily de Rotstein - Executive Director, 651.756.9613
G.K. Chesterton, independent film, Manalive, conference
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Catholic PrWire
- NBA All-Star Helps Growing Ministry Launch Prayer Challenge
- Ex corde Ecclesiae Symposium, March 5-6
- Tú Me Sostendrás Calls Listeners to a Stronger Relationship with God
- Marriage Equality and Marriage Reality
- Holy Spirit Catholic School Open House
- 100+ Priests & Deacons Gather in Rome for International Conference Confraternities of Catholic Clerg
- Honor y Gloria a Él Inspires with Songs of Hope and Adoration
- Catholic Clergy issue Joint Statement on Marriage
- March for Life 2015; Franciscan University Students Prepare the Celebrate 'Every Gift Is a Gift'
- Sacred Psalm Texts and Latin Rhythm Combine In New Bilingual Album